BIOS 3.07 + Windows 10 and (11 Alpha) driver bundle

To be honest I never installed the Spectre BIOS updates for my X99 rig and as far as I know…no issues.

On Windows 11, is it better to download the Intel Driver Assistant for new driver updates or let Windows Update install them?

It would be best to install the drivers provided in this thread, or on the support page, for Windows 11. They have been vetted for compatibility with the hardware :slight_smile:

Download the Intel Driver Assistant, I’ve used it on my batch 4 on Windows 10 and 11. It’s the first thing I install. There have been a number of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi updates along with graphics drivers as well.


Currently at the 2.5 weeks mark. Any update on this? Is it still with Insyde, or now back to Framework for release?

Still waiting for the patch from Insyde.


Damn, Insyde is really dropping the ball on this. We’re now 10 weeks into it.


I have to say I probably wont install any more BIOS updates if they contain performance sapping Spectre fixes.

Spectre fixes are handled by the OS iirc. The CVEs Insyde needs to provide fixes for iirc are specifically firmware-land fixes.

Yeah, I think a lot of the last round were BIOS fixes as well as OS updates. I didn’t install the last BIOS for my Asus X99 motherboard as it had a host of Spectre fixes.

Either way, I’ll let you eager beavers go first… :rofl:

On the topic of Windows 11 Alpha drivers: Can we expect to see beta drivers for Win11 soon (whether it’s new / update driver version, or via a ‘status label’ promotion)?

1 Like

It’s now 3 months…a quarter since the CVEs. Insyde is really dropping the ball here…and Framework isn’t releasing any other BIOS fixes in the meantime.

Something isn’t right. Can someone please pick up the ball, and move with it? This is poor progress management…on both sides.


Four complaints in 24 days. You seem rather annoyed. What problems are you having that an ‘urgent’ update may resolve?

That averages out to one follow-up per week. 2 of which were definitely follow-up questions, not complaints.

It’s not urgent if you consider that nothing has been additionally ‘fixed’ and released since end of Dec.

Some issues:

  1. Unplugging USB-PD while system is suspended seems to wake up the system.
  2. CPU doesn’t boost to 60W PL2 when battery charge threshold is set to 75% and is being charged.
  3. CVE fixes.
  4. The never ending battery drain issue(s): High Battery Drain During Suspend - Community Support - Framework Community
  5. ACPI table? BIOS bug: _TZ.ETMD missing in ACPI tables - Community Support - Framework Community
  6. Touchpad interrupts & battery usage issues (idma64.2) - Framework Laptop - Framework Community

In short, various power states / sleep / suspend / wake up behaviour seem to need some work / focus.

This was also reported lately:
Firmware instability, ACPI delays - Community Support - Framework Community

Might be related to this:
Having audio issues,huge interrupt load - Community Support - Framework Community

…and still no Thunderbolt certification. I’m not after the certification itself, but more about the lack of certification likely means the implementation isn’t up to scratch. This area seems to lack transparency as to where the laptop is at with the certification process.

I got my unit in Batch 2, so I’m way beyond the honeymoon period and able to really look at the unit as what it really is today (promises and direction aside). Yours is from Batch 8 (Feb), so I understand that you’re still in the “oh, give them some time” camp.


I also got my laptop in batch 2, am well past the “honeymoon period”, and I also understand that Framework are waiting on Insyde to get them the patch and waiting on Intel to certify the Thunderbolt. There are many moving parts and Framework is trying to handle everything as best they can. All your issues are valid, and I’m sure that Framework would like to fix them as well, but they have made the decision to wait for this patch. I would like to hear a bit more on why they can’t release other fixes in an interim firmware update while they wait for Insyde, but I trust there is a good reason that they haven’t.


I would also like to add other problems too

  1. Laptop restarts while on sleep / Windows 11 BSoD: Bug Check 0x9F
  2. 1TB expansion card disconnects randomly
  3. CPU gets stuck at 0.2 GHz
1 Like

I think at least Framework could/should communicate better on what is causing the hold up and what the release plans are.

1 Like

This is getting nowhere…

Confirmed. Charged overnight to 100%

  • Red flashing in the morning
  • Unplug and immediately plug in again > Light white
  • ???

I’m really not sure how they can do it better. As is noted here and in other locations on the forum the ball is still in Insyde’s court.

1 Like