BSOD in win 10 for no apparent reasons

Hello,

i have a problem with my Framework 13 DIY Edition running windows 10 (Home Version 22H2) where my laptop will just blue screen with no apparent reasons and not while using the same apps.
But the stopp code is always the same “WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR”.

My specs:
11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1165G7
WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD (running the lastest firmware “614900WD” and dashboard telling me my drive is at 100% health)
16 gb of RAM
(i can add more if needed)

When does the problem appear:
The crashes happen more frequently when my laptop is plugged in and as soon as it’s fully charged, but not exclusivly. Youtube videos seem to be a problem because crashes happen quite frequently whilst watching videos (1080p).

What i already tried based on online recommendations :
I updated my harddrive firmware
Reseated the RAM sticks
Fresh windows install
Trying to charge from different expansion slots

Additional info
Event viewer always shows the three same events for a bluescreen:

The Kernel-Power and EventLog both just say that the shutdown was unexpected and the volmgr Error tells me “Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.”
Edit: HW-info shows that my laptop is not overheating

Thank you in advance for your help

1 Like

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR usually means some kind of hardware issue. I’d recommend checking Windows Update to make sure all your drivers are fully up to date, but there is a chance you are seeing some other hardware failure. You could try reseating your nvme drive, or try removing your expansion cards one by one to see if either of those help. Worst case you could also do a full mainboard reset to see if that helps

2 Likes

I recall getting this error periodically on my desktop PC (along with a number of other error codes) when I had a faulty stick of RAM. I would recommend trying to use the device with only one RAM stick, then trying with the other stick. Also try alternating which slot they are put into.

You could also try using a bootable utility called MemTest86+, which will test your device’s RAM for any faults. The scan will take a while, and I recommend using it with both slots or RAM plugged in. If it comes up with an error, take a picture and share with support. If there are no errors, well, at least it rules out one source of the issue.

1 Like