first of all to make things easier: I don’t installed any SSD right now. So this behaviour happens also to USB Linux distros, to the BIOS menu and the boot menu.
The problem: My Framework does not shutdown properly. It freezes on reboot or shutdown or it shows a black screen.
If I go to the BIOS settings and want to Save and reboot → black screen.
If I do Ctrl+Alt+Del in BIOS or boot menu → it freezes.
During the BIOS update (I tried to updated 12th gen BIOS to 3.06) it also freezes when it wanted to reboot.
I cannot find anything useful on the internet yet.
Things I tried:
- Different SSDs and OSes… but this behaviour also occurs in BIOS menu, so I guess it’s either a Windows or Linux problem.
- Fully BIOS battery reset using the guide
- Updated BIOS from 3.05 to 3.06 (same behaviour as before)
What I have:
- Intel 12th Gen i7 1280 Framework DIY Edition
- 32gigs of Ram
- Original USB-C power adatapter
- As already mentioned: BIOS 3.06 right now.
The only thing that works: Holding the power button for a couple of seconds to get a hard shutdown. But I guess it ruined my SSD already (I ran multiple times fsck to get my data back from it…).
Do you have any advices?