Cheaper, Lower Powered Laptops

Will there be cheaper laptops in the future? I know that these are already prices that are way below what they could be but I am looking for a laptop that has a long battery life but doesnt need to be too powerful as it will just be my to-go while my main work will be on my desktop.

1 Like

I wonder the same. I’m not personally interested in lower specced laptops, but family members are. Some people can’t afford nor do they need such a powerful and modern laptop. It’s kind of overkill for occationally paying bills or doing banking tasks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not to scalp customers here, but I’ve been following the Pine64 project for a while. They’ve a libre chromebook style lappy for $220. A very responsive outfit, reminiscent of the good folks here at FW. Of course, you’ll have to wait:

Blockquote
Availability late this year looks more likely with decreasing LCD prices; good chance a large batch will be produced at end of the year
Introducing the PineNote - PINE64

1 Like

I have been wondering the same!
Is there any plans for cheaper laptops? This would be big because there are people who would buy them!! and then now you got them hooked to buy more parts latter as well for upgrade if it came to that.