Complaint with Frameworks customer support

I started with the best of intentions in my purchase. I made a deposit on a 16 and was assigned a place in the queue for shipping in Q2. I could not wait for the delivery due to an impending move to Canada and I needed the device prior to leaving. I cancelled that order and purchased a 13. That is when the fun started. In the interim my credit card was cancelled due to fraud so when I requested the deposit amount be applied to the new purchase, I was told in a suspicious tone that it was not possible, and a refund was sent. Because it had been a while since the card was replaced it did not process. I then escalated the ticket to a manager who was condescending and told me that I was attempting to social engineer them into giving me a $100. It was only after I let them know that I had made another purchase paid in full and filed a complaint with my credit card, that they became willing to assist me. I received a vaguely conciliatory message trying to explain yet again why they believed I was a con artist.

We received the laptop very quickly when it shipped from Taiwan and the build quality and functionality of the device is very good. They earned that reputation.

Once I assessed the device, I decided to purchase more expansion cards. I made that purchase on April 12 and I have yet to receive delivery of my items. They are currently lost in the USPS shipping system. When I contacted USPS they understood immediately that there was something wrong with the shipment. USPS launched an inquiry. I was patient and waited a couple of days before bringing to the attention of Frameworks’ customer service. Again, I was treated like I was attempting to rip them off for this time under $30 worth items. They told me the package was in transit. It is, the ‘in transit’ is a tour of the USPS system from New Jersey, to California, 60 miles from my home to Texas now Georgia. I have included the tracking data below and I will leave it up to your opinion regarding the status of my package.

Moving Through Network

Departed USPS Facility

PALMETTO, GA 30268

April 25, 2024, 5:56 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 24, 2024, 8:59 pm

Departed USPS Regional Facility

SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 24, 2024, 7:20 pm

April 24, 2024, 4:16 pm

ATLANTA GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 24, 2024, 3:27 pm

April 24, 2024, 3:03 pm

SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 23, 2024, 9:47 am

SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 23, 2024, 12:35 am

SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

April 22, 2024, 11:38 pm

SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

April 22, 2024, 10:00 am

SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 22, 2024, 4:50 am

RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 22, 2024, 1:37 am

RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 22, 2024, 12:49 am

SALT LAKE CITY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 21, 2024, 5:04 pm

SALT LAKE CITY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 19, 2024, 2:16 pm

In Transit to Next Facility

April 18, 2024

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 17, 2024, 6:59 am

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 17, 2024, 5:34 am

TETERBORO NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 17, 2024, 4:00 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

April 17, 2024, 12:45 am

Accepted at USPS Regional Facility

April 16, 2024, 11:45 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

ROCKAWAY, NJ 07866

April 12, 2024, 9:32 am

I have 30 years of experience supporting customers as both a CSR/Tech support and a CSM. This support organization is one of the worst I have had experience in my life. They do not sign their communications with the customers remaining anonymous, which is unprofessional and when I brought it up to the manager, I was told they were held accountable. By whom I wonder? It is obvious that actually supporting the customer is secondary to profit and this is not something that comes from the agent but a systemic issue that starts with management and lack of accountability. I will be making another complaint with my credit card company, and this will be the last time I do business with Framework. I do like the device but now I wish I had never heard of Framework and gone with a comparable device from one of the big manufacturers. They at least have decent customer support.

1 Like

I’m sorry to read that you are having issues. However, I am not sure what you expect Framework to do regarding the USPS sending your package on an extended journey. Presumably they could ship out a new order, but if it is not critical, they might decide to wait a bit longer to see if the USPS finally gets the package to you. Regarding the rest, it’s unfortunate that companies have to be skeptical of claims, but unfortunately that’s the world that we inhabit. I will close by noting that I have been very happy every time that I have interacted with the Support team. That doesn’t change your experience, and you are entitled to your opinions. I hope that you find a machine and a company with which you are more satisfied. Be well, and have a good day.

4 Likes

I am sorry but yet another condescending answer from a fanboy who doesn’t know how to read tracking information. If you don’t like what I have to say then don’t reply.
My expectations are that they take resposiblity for getting me items to me. This is the law.

That’s pretty aggressive. I am particularly fond of the ad hominem. I’m sorry that you are upset, but you don’t need to lash out. I will remind you that this is a discussion forum. If you are uncomfortable with discussion, you are welcome to disengage. If you are really bored, read my comments elsewhere on the forum. You may find that I am plenty comfortable calling out issues where I see them, whether Framework or other.

If you feel that they are violating the law, you are free to take legal action. Personally, I think that you are fully warranted in reaching out wondering where the heck your package is, but the other comments have a whiff of entitlement. You are welcome to disagree.

I hope that you are able to find peace.

9 Likes

It is not entitled to expect proper customer care and business practices. I do not need or require your opinion on my behavior.
I remind you that I do not care about your opinion nor do I care if I offend you. You are irrelevant to this conversation.

Sorry to hear, that you had issues with the support. I myself never had that kind of issue.
While I can see the frustration in having Framework “accusing” you of fraud and you trying to rip them off, you have to see it from their point of perspective. The situation you are having is kind of atypical and most likely not something they have to deal with very often, in the past and especially with other smaller companies, there have been people purposefully deceiving customer support in order to get items or money for free.
I am sure Framework support wasn’t acting out of bad faith here, just trying to really make sure there is nothing weird going on.

The shipment being stuck with USPS seems very weird and definitely like something going wrong here, but do note, that Framework can most likely not assist there much more than USPS support themselves. But make sure, the shipping information on the USPS tracking is correct and there is nothing wrong here.

1 Like

Shutting this down due to blatant disregard of the Community Guidelines.

10 Likes