I suggest you add a template to this initial post to help your later data collection, and to make it clear what you mean by “configuration.”
Purchased
The main reason behind this configuration is that it is the only one I have experience with (with some minor changes in OS and expansion cards over the years). The base spec choices were made to balance budget and performance. I also knew that I was not going to be doing anything too computationally heavy on it since I have a desktop for that kind of thing.
| Format | CPU | Memory | Storage | OS | Expansion Cards |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 13" | i5-1135G7 | DDR4-3200 - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | 500GB - WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe | Bring Own (Devuan Debian Linux) | USB-C x1 |
| USB-A x1 | |||||
| HDMI (1st Gen) x1 | |||||
| SNACK Drawer x1 |
Might want Eventually
I don’t know if I ever would buy this, but If I were to buy another laptop, I would probably get a 12" with moderate specs since I like the idea of a more portable laptop with fair specs.
| Format | CPU | Memory | Storage | OS | Keyboard | Expansion Cards | Other |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 12" | Core 5 320 | DDR5-5600 - 16GB | SANDISK SN770M PCIe 4.0 M.2 2230 - 500GB | Bring Own (Devuan Debian Linux) | US-Gray (1st Gen) | USB-C x1 | Colorways (Sage) |
| USB-A x1 | Stylus (Sage) | ||||||
| HDMI (1st Gen) x1 | |||||||
| SNACK Drawer x1 |