Custom eDP cable specifications

Hey all, I am looking to order some custom one-to-one edp cables (20453 to 20633) to enable me to use it in custom screen projects. Can i ask if anyone is aware of what else I should put on the requirements?

Also, given that the cables do not have specific grounding pins, do i still need to shield / ground the cable wrapping and the 2 plugs? How would i ground this without knowing the grounding pins (or do i ground the shielding to the case)?

Screenshot from 2024-06-15 15-18-21

Screenshot from 2024-06-15 15-18-13

3 Likes

Here’s a drawing

7 Likes

Thank you so much for this @nrp. :pray:t4:

Are you planning on a bulk buy? I think a lot of people would be interested in jumping in on this.

Happy to organise a group buy for this if there is demand. I went with a different design for the project I was doing but I can also order this. Set up cost is $150 and the marginal cost after that is about $10.

However, the main value that this had was that it is right angle (in case you need it to fit into the tight space of the framework case). Otherwise, you can buy the 40-pin version that has all the pins connected 1-to-1, and a cheaper (~$10) adapter that converts it into a 30-pin.

For anyone needing the cable and converter off the market:
Cable
Adapters

*Please note that the 40-pin to 30-pin cable is not one-to-one and is useless unless you need it for conformant 30-pin 2-lane edp connection

1 Like

To add on - if anyone is interested in getting a 20877 to 20453 1-to-1 for direct connection to the motherboards AND with pins for the touchscreen, please do let me know. The current cable does not contain the pinouts for the touch screen, so if there is interest in this, we can try to do this too. Price will likely be the same (~$200 set up cost + $10 marginal cost per cable)

2 Likes