Fingerprint Driver BSOD

I’ve had a couple of blue screens which I think were caused by the fingerprint reader while putting the computer to sleep.

These are DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) bug checks with first parameter 0x6 = The device did not complete its Directed Power Transition callback successfully.

I don’t use the fingerprint reader so I’m disabling it to see if that fixes the problem.

Extra Windbg Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Fingerprint Reader - Pastebin.com

1 Like

I just wanted to note that I haven’t had any blue screens since I disabled the fingerprint reader - via Device Manager / Biometric Devices / Framework Fingerprint Reader / Disable Device.

1 Like

After installing the Windows 10 Framework Laptop Driver Bundle 12_16_21, the fingerprint reader was re-enabled and I had another bluescreen like the one above.

I know that this is my first bluescreen since October because I looked at the c:\windows\memory.dmp file the other day to check if the computer had bluescreened (it hadn’t; it had simply turned off unexpectedly).

Anyway, so I’ve re-disabled the fingerprint reader. I wonder if anybody else has this problem.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wonder if you ever found a resolution? I have exactly the same symptoms: repeated crashes on sleep that stopped when I disabled the fingerprint driver and returned when I reinstall the Win11 drivers.

I get the same crash dump DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE with the fingerprint scanner as well.

Think it’s about time the 11th gen driver bundle should get a refresh for mid 2023. Or at least some kind of note to list out what the most up-to-date suitable driver versions are.

I re-enabled the fingerprint driver a few months ago, have been using fingerprint login, and haven’t gotten any crashes. This is with an 11th gen Framework running the 3.17 BIOS and 12/16/21 driver bundle. I will say that I also replaced my mainboard back in November.

Edit: This is on Windows 10.