Framework 16 - Ongoing Audio Stability Issuess

Every since getting my new Framework 16, I’ve been having tons of issues with audio stability while working. I am running the latest driver bundle, BIOS and Windows 11 Pro with all updates.

In particular, while on Teams calls, audio will completely drop out and stop working while on a call, though my headset still shows connected. Sometimes restarting/re-joining the teams call will fix the issue, but in other cases Audio on both the internal speakers and my USB headset completely stops responding and I have to reboot the laptop. Overall, audio seems incredibly finicky and unstable on this laptop.

I know it’s not my headset, as it was 100% flawless on my previous thinkpad. I’m using a Jabra Engage 55 Mono, which is a top of the line DECT model known for it’s stability and overall is one of the best headsets on the planet for sitting on calls all day. The fact that the internal audio also fails and lags considerably, is very concerning. I am considering returning the laptop as I have yet to see audio continue to work on a call lasting over an hour.

I am unsure if this is related or not. I am using Ubuntu Linux 23.10. I am trying to record sound and video. Cheese works well, except it won’t drive the built-in camera to the resolution my customer wants. OBS will go as high as my customer demands, but the sound is very quiet. I have tried using pavucontrol, that doesn’t seem to help.

In the past, I have used this computer, microphone, and webcam with zoom, and it worked quite nicely. Once I run OBS, nothing related to sound works, not cheese, not zoom, not vlc. When I run vlc from the command line, I get the following errors:

000076b7acc1e680] avcodec decoder: Using G3DVL VDPAU Driver Shared Library version 1.0 for hardware decoding
[000060cb3cf043b0] vlcpulse audio output error: stream connection failure: Timeout
[000060cb3cf043b0] main audio output error: module not functional
[000076b7ad225550] main decoder error: failed to create audio output

[000060cb3cf043b0] vlcpulse audio output error: stream connection failure: Timeout
[000060cb3cf043b0] main audio output error: module not functional
[000076b7ad225550] main decoder error: failed to create audio output

I am certainly alive to the possibility might not be hardware. It might be device drivers, kernel, application, or operator error.