FW13 AMD R5 Display Driver Issues

Hello framework community!

I have been a proud owner of a ryzen 5 framework 13 since October last year. I have always kept on the latest stable releases of the BIOS and Driver packages however from first setup to now (even with several OS reinstalls) I have continual issues with the display driver crashing. I have not been able to get exact technical reasons for these crashes as it is not always consistent but here are some points of note:

• crashes on discord audio and video settings (once at the video background section)
  • can crash whenever a gif is on the screen
  • can occassionally crash on in-browser video playback (not browser specific, tried on both firefox and chrome)
  • more frequently as of late but at random point the laptop slows to a crawl, even causing audio issues which is only fixed by waiting it out until it stops

I apologize for not being able to give more concrete information. As I reinstalled windows 11 last week I do not have many logs on issue but if anything is required then please let me know :smiley:

1 Like

Someone mentioned that the Display driver from AMD was more current than the Framework driver pack and fixed a few anomalies in the AMD laptops. You might search the forums for the thread.

Framework Laptop 13 windows

I am having the same issue. I installed a newer version of the display driver from Nividia’s website and nothing changed.

I have a very similar experience. When Firefox is crashing, I get a white screen and it takes some seconds for this screen to recover.
I also had a thread for this, at this time I identified my screen setup and Winamp as the source of the crashes, but I don’t use Winamp any more and still experience the problems, sometimes even without external screens attached. The old thread: AMD: Browser video problems with external screens attached - #2 by Mathias

Hi all,

thank you for your replies. I will give the latest version of the drivers from AMD directly a try once again but if I have no luck I will contact framework support as it being as issue for this long is becoming unacceptable.

But are the crashes the same as I discribed? White screen…

This is also becoming unacceptable for me, but I haven’t had time to do a clean install yet, so I don’t know if it’s a hardware or software problem.