FW16 Batch 13 Guild

My notebook has already seen more of the world than I have :sweat_smile:

1 Like

At least the inside of warehouses, airplanes and trucks. :smiley:

1 Like

Why does it go from Taiwan to the Philippines to China, can’t they fly there directly?

It’s indeed on the delivery truck, and as much as I’m happy about it, I’m also worried. Damn, I even think about taking half the day off to be home right now.

I’ve already threatened my colleagues with working from home xD

Does anyone here come from Germany and know how it is with customs(Zoll)?

Found: Recent Customs Issues with Framework Laptop Orders (UK, FR, DE)

Framework has it all covered.

And it’s here, they put it in front of the door :person_facepalming:
Asked my employer if I may drive home, was allowed. Phew :relieved:

2 Likes

Ohboi. On the front door… that is, well, unfortunate.
But thankfully all went well, congrats on your new laptop!

Thanks, and I’m back at work, took less than 45 minutes home and back. One big breakfast break :smile:

But now that it’s save and sound home inside, I’m more relaxed. It still will be a loooong day at work now xD

2 Likes

Hello @Tealk,

your link seems from Batch 8 of the first FW13 laptops. it was from 2022.

at different forum entry there is written VAT is included and nothing extra have to be payed.

yes, that’s what I read from the article I linked, thanks for the other link.

Wow - so my laptop was in Taiwan yesterday and is now in Cologne/Germany already. Crazy…
Estimated arrival is next Monday but the speed at which it is being processed right now makes me hope that it might arrive either Friday or Saturday.

That’s what I thought too, now it’s time to spam the reload button xD

@Tealk I’m sure, we already payed the customs with the price :wink:

@NilsK as far as I know, they don’t deliver on Saturdays. But I wish you best of luck to get it this week!

I also got my shipping number yesterday :slight_smile: so far it’s gone Taiwan → Philippines → Guangzhou → New Delhi and it’s got an estimated arrival date of Thursday (I’m in the UK). Can’t wait :eyes:

(Update: it looks like it was processed in Dubai airport an hour ago, meaning it may well be on this flight (FDX5279) which departed then!)

Mine (which is going to the Northeast US) is also still stuck in Anchorage awaiting customs clearance. Day two. It was originally predicted to arrive tomorrow but FedEx adjusted that to today. In theory it’s still possible, as I have seen things go out for delivery pretty late in the day, so long as it clears customs right away. But more likely it’ll be one more day, assuming it starts moving today.

Here’s hoping customs gets it unstuck when they start work at the FedEx hub at 7am. They’re open there from 7am-3:30pm, according to the Anchorage CBP page. That’s 4h from now until 12:30 from now, so if they don’t start moving by 19:30 EST they won’t do so today.

1 Like

Yes, I was surprised too, but like others already wrote, it goes from cologne to france and then back to germany…
So our babies could be in the same freight container.
Would be cool if the delivery would be already on friday, so we could use the weekend for setup and first user experience.

My parcel somehow got lost in France, so fedex is really fast, within 2 minutes from cologne to france

1 Like

I wasn’t expecting that all packages FedEx ships to Germany go through France (even though they have just been in Germany already). But yeah same for me too.

Could that be some kind of bureaucracy evasion tactic from FedEx? Because shipping from France to Germany is probably easier than <somewhere in Asia> to Germany.
Or it could just be their normal logistics route…

Well my laptop made it in town early this morning. It’s scheduled for tomorrow but I could see getting the laptop today. So close!