[GUIDE] OpenSUSE Tumbleweed on the AMD Ryzen Framework

Same here.

I found this:

And commented on one of the PRs, apparently they are pending review.

I’m just sticking to 0.13 until it’s out sigh

I am recently trying out Tumbleweed because of the Plasma 6 rollout. So far it has been super smooth sailing. However, I did notice that they ship with TLP by default. I tried to install PPD from the experimental repository and it also wouldn’t start for me. I did uninstall and disable TLP beforehand as well. Not sure what’s going on.

I did not notice any issues with TLP though, sleep and everything works fine. I would like to see PPD working properly.

You should be able to install power-profiles-daemon from the normal (not “experimental”) repository. To enable it, either use Yast (Services Manager → select “power-profiles-daemon” → Start Mode → on Boot) or a terminal command (sudo systemctl enable --now power-profiles-daemon)

I made a small effort to debug the PPD-0.20 crash. I recompiled it on the latest snapshot and confirmed that the issue is not related to dependencies, but to a d-bus permissions error related to the fact that PPD changed d-bus service names between 0.13 and 0.20. Maybe someone who understands d-bus and polkit better than I can figure out what part of the config needs to be changed…

Hey thanks this is how I was running it, but the PPD v0.13 is in the current repositories. v0.2 includes a bunch of AMD fixes that improve battery life based on other threads.

The issues in opensuse’s polkit (profiles: power-profiles-daemon (bsc#1219957) by wfrisch · Pull Request #103 · openSUSE/polkit-default-privs · GitHub) and dbus config (dbus-services: power-profiles-daemon (bsc#1219956) by wfrisch · Pull Request #1197 · rpm-software-management/rpmlint · GitHub) have been resolved and merged into opensuse upstream, so PPD 0.20 should work a few snapshots from now.

2 Likes