High CPU Temps on Start Up

Hi,
Ever since the FW team sent me a new motherboard after the first one being defective, every time I start up my laptop the fans would just blast to 80-100%. I checked and I can see that the CPU temps are sooooo high for being idle with not much going on. I have updated everything and did a fresh install of windows. I am unsure what to do…I might reach back to support… ;-;

I updated windows, bios, the fw16 bundle, and amd drivers.

Here is the full extended info:

Mine does that (so does my desktop) but it doesn’t last for long. Dropbox and some Windows processes can max the CPU for a bit, then things settle down and the temps/fans go to normal.

In my case, it doesnt drop off. It would last the whole business day from 8am to 5pm. I tried to drown the fan noise by putting on my headphones, but its concerning that it would be at a high consistent temperature when under light load/idle.

It does this even when on Battery or in Energysaver Mode? Thats wierd. I Installed a new Mainboard today to and my Idle Temp while writing here in the Forum is about 45C

i think i might’ve temporarily fixed it? I did my 5th reinstall of windows and it seems like it worked? its now idling around 55C better than 90C…

1 Like

31% CPU utilization and 4.3GHz clock speed are way too high when idling on desktop. Check background process(es).