Keyboard Deflection Kit

Who is supposed to benefit from this ? All batches ?

Only batches the early batches shipped before May. The laptops shipped past May already have the Keyboard Deflection Kits built in.

Has anyone received an email about their Keyboard Deflection Kit shipping that did not put in the shipping information? I saw the form said it would use the default shipping address so I just submitted the form with the last section blank. I am yet to receive an email about them receiving my request or shipping the Keyboard Deflection Kit.

2 Likes

Here it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Batch 1 here, I applied for the kit almost immediately when the email arrived and just received an ā€œOrder Confirmationā€ email from them a few hours ago, so it should be shipping for me soon.

1 Like

I also applied ror the kit the moment I received the email, but am yet to receive any order confirmation. Iā€™m not sure why this is the case, but I do recall leaving the last page asking for a shipping address blank.

Did everyone who filled the form for the deflection kit receive a confirmation email? I didnā€™t receive it, which means somehow my request wasnā€™t submitted.

I left it blank too since it said that it can be left so if the address is the same.

Just received my Keyboard Deflection kit order confirmation. Not sure what took so long.

I sent my order in for the deflection kit on the day the email was sent and still have had no confirmation of order or anything, I sent off the form again a few days ago and still nothing. Is anyone else waiting for a reponse from framework to their order form?

1 Like

I filled out the order form when the email came in, and received an order confirmation last Thursday (September 19), along with a shipping notice at the same time. The kit arrived today and was easy enough to install, although itā€™s not super obvious which pad goes where from the official installation guide. Iā€™d like to see the overview picture laid out by the order in which the pads are installed, to make it easier to lay them out myself.

That said, installation was easy enough and deflection is now much better.

Worst case scenario, maybe contact Framework Support and ask then to see if you can get shipped a deflection kit.

I would probably wait until the end of this week to see if you get a order confirmed notification.

You will not receive a response after filling out the form however, you will receive an email when your keyboard deflection kit is shipping out.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat:

• filled in the form leaving the shipping blank
  • havenā€™t gotten an email talking about the shipment nor the shipment yet

I was a little later in putting mine in. I think I submitted the form on 9/3 or 9/4. I did file a support ticket asking about the ā€œblank address areaā€ since right as I clicked submit I noticed the Palo Alto city in grey, but sounds like UI artifact or similar.

sounds like maybe some are still going out, so guess I will keep a look out stillā€¦

Thats not correct. Mine is Batch 20 shipped in June and it also didnā€™t have the Foam Pads

This is from the email that Framework sent about the Framework 16 Keyboard Deflection Kit

This means that most of the laptops made past May already got foam pads, your laptop might just have been an exception or it may have been produced before May.

Not every batch is guaranteed to come with all the same accessories

My FW16 is from Batch 13. Iā€™ve checked the innards, no spacers.
Cheers

Have all the ordered kits been sent out already, or is there still some backlog? I see some people having already received their kits almost 2 weeks ago by now, and I havenā€™t gotten anything yet (I am in Germany, for context), neither the kit itself, nor a shipping notification e-mail. I have filled out the order form shortly after having received the e-mail on August 27th.

1 Like

Sorry, Iā€™m not a Framework employee and that isnā€™t something I can comment on. You should try reaching out to support to inquire about this.

Okay, I will do so.