Newly built 13 AMD 7840U Fails to power on

Hello, just received my new Framework 13 and assembled it this weekend. The build process went fine, but at the first powerup the screen stayed blank, and fans ramped up/down continuously. After about 15 minutes and some looking around here and at comments on the assembly guide, I shut it back down and tried reseating both the memory (1x16GB DDR5 in slot 0) and the SSD, trying again a few times. After a few attempts, the power button would go dark shortly after the fans started ramping up. I let the battery charge to full overnight, and this morning pulled the main board power to fully power cycle it before trying again (I didn’t bend the pins, was very cautious). I’m seeing the same behavior (power button goes dark after the chassis heats up and fans begin blowing), but while the power button is still lit, the battery charge light flashes the pattern: green x11, amber, blue, green, blue, green x5. I think it possibly flashed white once before it began to flash green, but didn’t get a recording of that.
I’m assuming it’s time to contact support, but just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions before doing so since I may be away from home a lot this week and this model has been out for a while. I did look around but none of the similar threads had anything conclusive. Specs are below, all were bought from Framework:
System: AMD Ryzen 7 7840U
Memory: DDR5-5600 - 16GB (1 x 16GB)
Storage: WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe- M.2 2280 - 1TB
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 13 Bezel - Black
Keyboard: Input Cover Kit - US English
Power Adapter: Power Adapter - 60W - US/Canada
USB-C Expansion Card - Aluminum
USB-A Expansion Card x2
HDMI (3rd Gen) Expansion Card

Update on this. The one thing I did not try, moving the single 16GB RAM card to slot 1 instead of slot 0, worked. I got Linux Mint Cinnamon 22 to install without issue, and I’ve never seen apt updates run this fast.
Just wondering if this is known to be expected behavior, or if I should suspect a problem with memory slot 0? I saw no mention of this in the assembly guide. I went this route so I could upgrade to 32GB in the future more easily while saving a bit of money for now.

It is great that you have it working. I think others have had more luck with slot 1 than slot 0 for single RAM chip.
I myself have never tested with a single RAM chip, as when I got my FW16, i just put both RAM chips in and both worked.
I would check with FW support, because if slot 1 is the recommended solution if you have a single RAM chip, then they should document it that way.
Otherwise, it might indicate a faulty slot 0 socket.