OK to put the laptop upside down for long periods of time?

I typically use the framework laptop w/ an external 4K monitor + full sized external keyboard + mouse. While gaming, the laptop starts to heat up, and the fans start to kick in. I also noticed that there are big vents at the bottom of the laptop, but there’s not too much space for them to vent if they’re facing the desk.

My question is this:

1. Is it beneficial to turn the laptop upside down for better airflow?
  2. If so, is it safe to keep it upside down for extended periods of time?
  1. Yes!
  2. Of course it is. The only scenario I can think of it being “unsafe” is spilled liquid making it into the vents, and that can be easily prevented from happening.

One other plus here is that it will be better at keeping the heat away from your internal display. Heat is the enemy and so this seems like it would be a good thing.

This is the primary reason I have a laptop stand, which provides a large gap under the laptop for ventilation (and has the side effect of raising the laptop up to eye level).

I’m going to risk looking like an ass to check that you have the laptop set to output video despite the lid being closed? Because if instead you are considering have the laptop upside down with lid open that would put stress on the hinges that could otherwise be avoided

EDIT: so I just realized the screen can fold flat so the hinges aren’t an issue but I’d still say having the laptop closed an upside down is better than open and upside down

Yes @GhostLegion, laptop is closed.