Part number/source for the RTC Battery holder

So - even after all the warnings, I managed to snap the plastic on my 11th Gen motherboard’s RTC battery holder. Anybody have an idea for a part number of what I’d use to replace it?

I realize that referb 11th gen boards are <$200, but throwing this one out over a $1 surface part without at least trying would rub me the wrong way.

Browsing the website got me to the ‘connectors’ repository and the Interface schematics GitHub page, but I don’t see a BOM anywhere in there - If anybody’s got one, or can at least get me a part number, it’d save me hours of squinting at Mouser’s website.

I’ve currently got a folded-up piece of post-it holding the battery in place, but I doubt that’s very durable or particularly good long-term.

Contact support and they may be able to send you a replacement battery holder.

1 Like

No response from support as far as I know, so I’m doing the bomb-squad thing and making notes as I stumble to my own answer.
This image of an 11th gen MB shows ‘ML 1220’ markings - and Maxell’s ML1220 data sheet shows it’s 12.5mmx2mm in size., which gives us a starting point.

Keystone Electronics 1056 doesn’t look anything like it, but fits the cell.
Renata SMTU1220-LF looks like a closer match, but it’s apparently out of stock everywhere?

…but if we drop down to 12mm in rated size, we get
Keystone Electronics 1072-TR… which is a perfect visual match.

I feel like an idiot for kicking myself about breaking the socket now, when it’s under size for the flipping battery!
Screenshot from 2024-07-05 11-24-51

Did support respond to your request at all or do you mean that they refused to send you the RTC cradle?

No response as far as I can tell. But I’ve got an answer - I’m probably going to order all of them (<$10?) and reinstall the 1072-TR only if none of the ones actually meant to take a ML1220 will fit under the keyboard.

Did you create a support ticket recently and when creating it, did you receive an autoresponse?

I created one back when you previously suggested, and upon reviewing my email, I realize I did not receive an autoresponse.

Are you using a major email provider to contact support (e.g. Gmail, Outlook)? In the past, people have had issues contacting support due to the use of custom/self-hosted email services. Also ensure that @frame.work and @framework.kustomerapp.com are whitelisted.

I’ve interacted with tech support in the past fine, but it’s no longer required with this issue.