[Resolved] Rebooting during Modern Standby while plugged in

More Modern Standby woes…

My laptop is rebooting itself during standby while plugged in. It doesn’t occur when unplugged. If I leave the laptop in standby unattended, it will reboot, then go to sleep according to my power plan settings, then reboot again and continue the cycle indefinitely. In the below example it occurs 20 minutes after sleep:

Screenshot:

Event Viewer log: reboot.evtx - Google Drive

Reboot EventData:

BugcheckCode 160
BugcheckParameter1 0x613
BugcheckParameter2 0xffffb18ad1cac010
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x1
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0
Checkpoint 0
ConnectedStandbyInProgress true
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
CheckpointStatus 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0
LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

BugcheckCode=160, BugcheckParameter1=0x613 is described here:

Parameter 1 Parameter 2 Parameter 3 Parameter 4 Cause
0x613 POP_FX_DEVICE Component index Operation 0: Complete device power not required 1: Report device powered on 2: Complete idle condition A driver has attempted to complete a request when no such outstanding request is pending.

The two Power events immediately following the Critical reboot are Active battery count change. First one:

ValidBatteryCount 0
ErrorBatteryCount 0
AbandonedBatteryCount 0

And second one:

ValidBatteryCount 1
ErrorBatteryCount 0
AbandonedBatteryCount 0

I’m on a standard Windows 10 setup and have the Framework driver bundle installed with the Realtek audio drivers replaced with the Windows audio drivers (from debugging a standby battery drain issue.)

Thanks for reporting this. Have you seen this occur each time you are in standby, or was it a one-off issue?

It appears to happen every time. I just tried it again switching the USB-C module to a different location and this time it rebooted about 10 minutes in.

Very strange. Did this only start occurring after uninstalling the Realtek drivers? Also, could you share what power adapter you are using?

I’m not certain if this only started after switching the audio drivers, but I have a vague memory of it happening before. I’ll test it out after re-installing the drivers.

I’m using the power adapter I purchased from Framework.

1 Like

I believe the Windows audio drivers might be the issue. Been sleeping for 40 minutes now.

Looking forward to what you can find about the Realtek battery drain during sleep!

1 Like

Super weird. I guess we will avoid recommending removing that driver for now!

FWIW I’m still running the Microsoft driver for the audio and after an hour of plugged in Modern Standby there are no issues.

@jeshikat weird. I’ll play around with it more using the Microsoft drivers…

Update: I uninstalled the Realtek drivers, let it sleep plugged in for about 6 hours and it didn’t reboot! Not sure what was going on earlier. Will update if it comes up again…

Update 2: Just happened again, but this time it was unplugged! reboot2.evtx - Google Drive