[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

Nice! If all go smoothly, it should start shipping around 5-8 business days from now (based on past batches).

Looking forward to reviews / user experiences.

5 Likes

Me too, but the confirmation email was listing also the SSD, so I’m not particularly worried.

Same here :wink:
Just for the heads up, I’ve send an email to the support team that confirmed that the ssd was in my order and that there was a bug on the site and that they will look into it. With the launch of the framework 13 AMD I will not be surprised if it’s not a top priority thing!

Here is an extract of the response from the support :

When your order ships, it will absolutely include the SSD and we apologize for the bug you have reported. Our team is diligently working to resolve the visual bug as we speak.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and our apologies for the confusion it has caused.
Regards,
Framework Support

Wonderful to know that batch 1 is on it’s way ! Batch 4 here, hopefully it will not be to far from now.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! Excited to see the reviews that are sure to be coming soon then!

2 Likes

Looking forward to the reviews Batch 1!

2 Likes

Starting to get mighty exciting!

Thank you to everyone at Framework for listening, all your hard work thus far, and for doing more than your fair share to help reduce e-waste.

I hope Q4 marks an inflection point in the history of the company… Y’all deserve it!

4 Likes

Hi Juan, I am Batch 4 and have been keeping a close eye on delivery times as I am pretty excited, but March 2024 doesn’t match with communications to date. Checking my order it still says Q4, checking the configuration page, Batch 7 is being delivered in Q4, and the ‘Available in Taiwan’ blog post talks about doubling production to get the AMD Framework 13s out faster.

Has someone just mixed up Q4 of the calendar year with Q4 of the financial year or something silly?

You might want to get back to support and I hope you are not on holiday, especially as the Batch 1 people are now getting their preparing to ship emails.

1 Like

Be assured we all are fanboys. But … but … but I’m kinda irritated by the term “soon” or yeah it is shipping in Taiwan. Why not give rough numbers? You can change them of course. I.e. When and where is Batch 1 shipped? When and where will Batch 2 and Batch 3 start? Feel free to tell how many laptops you ship per Batch. But that’s just for fun.
In the end I would like to be able to plan and all I read is soon and soon and soon :frowning:

<3 erkan

1 Like

Hello all,

Being batch 1 would you all mind adding your order dates to this crowdsource tracker? It helps with tracking how long each step takes and generate statistics on the ordering process. We used it a lot on intel 12th gen but same idea applies to amd

3 Likes

Better to underpromise and overdeliver than to promise something that you can’t keep. Even more so given the delays to the first couple of batches.

1 Like

Works for you and not for me :person_shrugging:

I think a lot more people would be upset if Framework estimated October for Batch 4 then had to delay it to November or December. On the other hand, if Framework promises Q4 for a shipment and they deliver within November, people will be fine with that.

If you’ve waited more than 6 months for a product to begin shipping, what’s a few months more?

2 Likes

I think a lot of people would appreciate more openness. I.e. We are at Batch 1 1000 Laptops. 100 are finished per day and shipped. Batch 2 and Batch 3 are following without a break. This and how long “shipment” takes would help. Nobody complains about delays because of bugs as long as it is transparent. I’m not asking for hurrying up.

2 Likes

No way they would do that. That would provide confidential financial information about the company. Even Linus, an investor in Framework, doesn’t know how many laptops they ship as he could easily calculate revenue if he knew.

2 Likes

Oh? So you cancelled your order?

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOO as I sad I’m a fanboy.

Hope that’s not the point. You could also tell Batch 1 takes x days and so on. I’m not trying to tell how to help just to help and soon(ish) ist kinda - for me - not enough.

1 Like

Hi @Jeef,

Community Batch Trackers aren’t valid and will simply just lead to frustration and unnecessary contacts into Framework Support.

Please see this Reddit post that I created for the start of Framework Laptop 13 (13th Gen Intel Core) shipping that explains WHY a Community Batch Tracker won’t work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/comments/13ig8ri/shipping_season_is_upon_us_starting_with_batch_1/

To quote the important part:

"We’ve seen online Community spreadsheets created to try to calculate exactly when specific orders will ship, but unfortunately, that won’t work, especially in the early batches, as we’re hand-to-mouth for incoming inventory as it’s coming in hot from our manufacturing partner. The important thing to note is that everything is dependent on every part of your order (as you configured it) being available to ship together. We do not split shipments given we ship directly from Taiwan to the customer, regardless of where they are geographically. Here is the order of priority for determining shipping position:

Product Availability (all items) > Batch # > Timing of Order Placement

While we do everything in our power to make sure that we close out a Batch before starting to ship the next one, depending on product/SKU availability, which can be complicated by manufacturing yield issues, quality control checks, etc., it may be necessary to start shipping certain SKUs from the next batch while we await the incoming product. That said, when the product arrives, it is prioritized first, and is shipped as quickly as we can receive the inbound, pack, and ship the full order out. This is so that our logistics/warehousing partner is not sitting on idle resources as they are assigned to handle our outbound shipments and that the backlog of shipments do not start queueing up to cause other downstream delays."

14 Likes

Please take no offense to this but saying won’t work is fairly harsh. If it’s adding to extra support messages i get it but it was used more as a reference then anything for people that were interested on how things are going. For example it’s how i found out that a decent number of people order with micro sd, a card i assumed was unpopular.

3 Likes

Hi @Jeef,

Unfortunately, I have to stick to my wording and say it won’t work for the purposes that people will use it for. If you sat with us while we triage these tickets, being yelled at because someone shipped before another person who placed an order after they did, linking to a Community spreadsheet as proof of some sort of operational failure, you would understand. If you are going to maintain a spreadsheet, please be transparent that it has absolutely no bearing on ship timing or batch placement.

18 Likes