[RESPONDED] Doubt starfield premium framework 16 amd

That’s unkind of SpiffingBrit. Framework is a startup trying to succeed in Right to repair where the dominant firms do not allow repair. Last I knew, you should have an email from Framework or AMD rewards to the pre-order number to redeem the code. Early access is 00:00 UTC 1st September, so changing time zone to New Zealand will not change the time.

3 Likes

Got mine.

AMD Rewards account activation email seems to be taking a while. I still haven’t received the AMD Rewards account activation email yet. I’m guessing they are getting a large influx of new account activations.

Update:
I emailed AMD Rewards and after several hours they activated the account for me.

When I tried to claim the reward, I get the fallowing message:" Your rewards cannot be assigned at this time, please try again at a later time"

Now I am, as I assume everyone else is, waiting for the release of the game.

Latest: Preloading has started! I have downloaded the preload. I don’t think it’s the whole game as it’s only about 85 GBs. I’m guessing we’ll be able to download more and the day one patch tomorrow. Woot.

1 Like

Also got mine as well. Just received it via email.

1 Like

Just got my code. It will come from mail.frame.work, not AMD.

@Eric_Lidiak the first email comes from framework, but you then have to set up an account with AMD Rewards, amd we are all stuck at this point at the activation emails from AMD are not getting through :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm, I guess I got lucky…? I clicked on link to go to AMD signed up and followed the email until i got this.

3 Likes

I have done these kind of promos 3 times before. Usually get keys between a week before launch to release day. It is a AAA game so you will probably want to wait a month or two at least before playing anyways because of bugs.

If you cancel your laptop order or change order to remove the dGPU then you will be refunded everything except for the amount required to cover the game. According to some research this loop hole was close a long time ago. So if you pre-order and put in the $100 deposit and you cancel the entire order you don’t get your deposit back since this game is $99.99.

I’ve already got an account from a earlier GPU purchase. It’s added Starfield OK, showing as “Your key will be assigned as soon as it is available.”

So halfway there…

2 days until we get the proper code.

Just got then email after clicking resend code for the third time- 45 minutes after first trying :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a question… I don’t know if it has been asked/answered here. But I am curious as to the code redemption rules/guidelines… It specifically states that the code given will also be required of you to download a program to verify that you have said AMD gpu/cpu… It does not specify anything about vendor codes.
image_2023-08-30_181751564
Also @Akanar your point is not valid at least according to the AMD ToC of starfield games codes. I want the laptop regardless of the game code, but would kinda suck to not be eligible to play it because of not having the laptop in hand… lol
image_2023-08-30_181917690

@Tvkrge This has been clarified by the CEO of Framework. You do not need the hardware in hand to claim the code. Follow the instructions given in the email from FW

2 Likes

AMD: “You should receive your email activation code immediately.” Yeah, not hardly. Lol. I suppose it will happen eventually.

1 Like

I qualified for another AMD promo a while back (like 3 years ago?) and never actually got a game because I still don’t have an activated account. Wouldn’t be surprised if I miss out on this one too :sweat_smile:

Update: I got it! Just had to request the activation on my mobile network, go through the redemption, get an error message, log back in, go to the rewards page, and link my steam account

Just got the code.

Anyone else unable to use the code emailed? When I try to redeem it on the AMD site it just says “coupon code limit has been reached”

EDIT: Reached out to the AMD Rewards support team, they were able to fix up the issue for my code and I’ve got my key

1 Like

That is so evil and dishonest. Who is that guy?

3 Likes

No, I still haven’t been able to get AMD to actually send me the activation email for the AMD rewards account. That’s concerning though.

I finally got it to work. I started a support ticket with AMD about the account activation issue. I got an email confirmation about the support ticket instantly. For the heck of it, I clicked the button to resend the account activation email again and the email came through immediately. Don’t know if it was a coincidence or what.

After that, I was able to redeem the code without issue by following the instructions in the email from Framework.

Edit: Lol, now I’m stuck at another spot. I have Steam open and I’m logged in, so on the AMD Rewards page I click “Redeem on Steam with your Steam Account.” A blank popup window appears and…that’s it. Nothing else happens. Ugh, maybe I’ll try again tomorrow. I’m not even in a hurry, just figured I had time so I’d mess with this tonight. I guess that was a mistake.

Honestly… with AMD paying for the keys, this is basically just more free promotion for Framework.