[RESPONDED] New customer having problems reaching support. Worried

Hi, I recently received a Framework Laptop 13 Ryzen and while I really love it, it came with a defective bezel. No big deal, so I reached out to customer support. Two days have passed and I haven’t heard a word. I need to say that this is making me worry.

One can interpret the silence a couple of ways: They’re so swamped that they can’t keep up no matter how many people they hire. Or, they don’t have enough people to respond because the company is in some way at risk and they can’t hire any.

If it’s the latter, this is worrisome to me. What if something genuinely goes wrong? Will they not have enough people to respond? Or are they in bad enough shape that they won’t even be around at that point?

What have others experienced? Also, if someone from Framework is listening, this is also a chance for you to respond.

Thank you all in advance.

They tend to get a lot of requests at the same time as everyone else is issuing support requests as well, and each have their own logistics to work through. Two or three days is normal to wait, with the maximum wait usually being around 4 or 5 business days. With it being the holiday months I would personally expect that wait to increase as we get further into December.

1 Like

Have you at least received an automated reply that they have received your request? . If you haven’t there is a chance that your email provider is not receiving replies from their system, and you will either have to try again with an email provider like gmail or yahoo.

If you have, then you are in the queue and they will get to your request as soon as they can. They are currently swamped with lots of emails about the currently releasing Framework Laptop 13 AMD, and the about to release Framework Laptop 16. This is due to the fact that they do not hire seasonally to meet demand, as they do not wish to bring on staff that they know will not be around in the long term. The company is not at risk, and they are going through the queue internally in order to address the priority of each request.

Two days of waiting is not unusual at the moment, and if you never got an automated reply, there is a chance they have already replied to you and you just never received it. You may also want to check your junk/spam folder just in case as well.

1 Like

Framework support is a class act. However, right now is a very busy time. Please make sure you are not getting their responses sent to your spam folder, and make sure to give them a bit of time. 2 3 days, while not awesome from your perspective, is a reality that Framework is very much trying to resolve during high ticket volume times.

In the meantime, perhaps the community can help you as well?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, Yes, I got an automated response. I’ll just wait to hear back from you. I don’t think the community can help with this one. My bezel may have been defective and misaligned on arrival and when I opened my lid for the first time, it ripped at at the seam. Just trying to figure out what to do.

1 Like

Hello everyone. The current wait time for response is 4 days due to continuously high volume since the start of batch shipping for Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen 7040 Series). This fluctuates between 4-6 days.

Thank you for your continued patience.

6 Likes