[RESPONDED] Pop!_OS support status?

Hello! Did anybody try to install PoP!_OS on the Framework 16?
Can you report on performance, issues, battery life, fan profiles etc?
Thank you!

1 Like

Looks like working on FW13 , Hopefully a good sign it could work on Framework 16

1 Like

This review might help answer the question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5cxtWvKors
And here is the pop os installation guide: Framework 16 - What I Did to setup Pop OS 22.04 LTS - Wikis & How-to Guides - Level1Techs Forums

Our team has not tested it.

But as Loell points out, unofficially:

I have an FW16 and pop os installed. Other than the fingerprint reader everything worked out of the box.

Batterylife is Ok, but could be better, especially viewing YT videos
I do not have any fanprofiles, it is a quiet laptop when not doing anything intensive task.

Issues: I can’t find the right resolution. 200% scale is to big 100% to small.
I have to look into fractional scaling.

1 Like

I got tired of all the strange behaviors I was having and left Pop for Ubuntu on my first gen framework. Part of it was probably specific to some of the stuff I do (graphics programming that required non-standard drivers etc.), but, overall it was more trouble than it was worth, and every time something strange came up I didn’t know if it was something I should spend time troubleshooting or if it was some inconsistency between the laptop and Pop that I wouldn’t be able to resolve on my own.

I’m really glad to hear other folks are getting good results with it though!

Does anyone know if the specific AMD driver features work on PoP!_OS? I’m talking about the AFMF framegen and Radeon Super Resolution features.