Signing on framework 13

tried to start my 13 after not using it for a while. Am getting a screen I haven’t used the right password. Am told to wait two hours or try a different method of signing on.
Is there a quick way to set a “new” password so I can use the computer? Or what my other options are?
If I had known this was going to happen, I would have set up a schedule to use it more often.
Thanks
Charlie

If you really can’t remember the password, unfortunately the only option for you is to re-install the operating system.

I can recommend using a password manager like proton pass, for example. In this way time doesn’t erode your passwords.

Sorry about the bad news. I wish you all the best!

The quick way depends on operating system, filesystem and encryption.

so which os? Did you use filesystem encryption like Bitlocker or dm-crypt?

Remove your SSD, read it on another computer and back up your personal data. Reinstall your SSD and your operating system

Thanks for the quick responses! I don’t have another machine or attachment for removing the SSD. The computer doesn’t have a reason for a password. I just never figured out how to set it up without having to have a login password. Before I start getting the screwdriver out, one question; is there a battery like a 2032 that keeps some data “working” while the machine is off. Was told by someone when I mentioned my problem to look for such a thing, The opening screen said I had tried too many times, to leave the machine on for two hours and try again. Left it on overnight and same thing this AM. This time I got the try the A1B2C3 and got the turn the machine off and try again business. I have the windows setup disk on a scandisk, If I plug that in and turn the machine on will the machine look at that and start using the card? Sorry for the questions, I’ve had computers since Model 1 Radio Shack, but consider a basic user, understand the words, but know when I’m over my head and this is that time. Don’t want to mess this machine up, My nearest Computer store I can trust is like 275 miles away,

I’m sensing that responders are making different and possibly incorrect assumptions about the password you are being prompted for. Before you arm yourself with tools or removed SSDs, can you post a phone photo of the “screen” that’s asking for a password?

You also said “after not using [FW13] for a while”. How long is “a while”?

There are subtle but possibly significant (in this case) differences between the various FW13s. Which model do you have?

Dino

Sorry about the time period, been away.
The info from the order is
Intel i7-1165G7 (12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz)
DDR4-3200 - 32GB (2 x 16GB)
1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN750 NVMe™

I tried again, got the same not recognized password, and the A1B2C3 what is your challenge phrase. Don’t remember ever setting that, so nowhere to to there. Waiting for the two hours to try to re install windows if that is a repair thing.
I did open the machine and check the small battery and it is reading over 3 volts, so that’s not the problem. Hope,hope.