[SOLVED] Framework 13 AMD power button won't light on however computer still seems powered on

Hi !
I’ve been using my framework for 5 months with no issue.

Today I tried to turn it on after turning it off but when I press the power button it does not light up. After trying to charge it (maybe it was out of battery) and trying again with no avail I wanted to check the touchpad cable or reset the mainboard but the fan seem still on and when I try to remove the cover the LED lights up.

EDIT:

• The LED lights up when charging with the power adapter but only on the left side not on the right
  • Only the LED on the left side blinks when I open the cover
  • After removing the cover and it seems it’s properly connected
  • The laptop is still warm to the touch on the underside, and the fan runs from time to time even though the screen and power button are off
  • The SSD seems really hot to the touch

I run arch linux and i updated the firmware in october 2023

Any help would be really awesome T_T

SOLVED:
Perform a mainboard reset eventhough the LED were blinking while the cover was off. Did that because the SSD became really hot and was afraid it would destroy itself with fire.

Did you turn it off completely? Push the power button until it turns off completely.
Wait 30secs and turn it back on.

I had that with sleep/hibernation mixups on other laptops.

Yes I did !

But it was all resolved by a mainboard reset thankfully.

But I had to remove the battery while the LED were blinking while the cover was off which seems dangerous but I was worried my SSD was gonna fry itself.

Yes. Sometimes the state of the RAM is not saved correctly and the system tries to load a broken RAM image from disk back into memory. I have seen this happen, especially when the power options were not configured correctly (empty battery and the system tried to write the content to disk for hibernation).
After that, if it sees some hibernation signature it will try to load the disk content back into RAM. And cutting it off will not delete the flag. So on the next reboot it does the same and you don’t know what to do.

Best case is when it crashes and forces a complete reload of the system. Sometimes though, parts still work (at least from my experience with it).
That’s why I always make sure the lapopt is really powered off when shutting it down - and because I use all available security feature make sure suspend to disk can really not work.

avril 11 09:01:57 jupiter.solsys.org kernel: secureboot: Secure boot enabled
avril 11 09:01:57 jupiter.solsys.org kernel: Kernel is locked down from EFI Secure Boot mode; see man kernel_lockdown.7
avril 11 09:01:57 jupiter.solsys.org kernel: Lockdown: swapper/0: hibernation is restricted; see man kernel_lockdown.7