[SOLVED] Help - Windows install via USB-C flash

Given the question, there’s a distinction between USB-C and USB 3.

How old is that ISO? i.e. Not all Windows 11 ISO are the same.

Update: SUCCESS!

Arrived at my son’s apt & he had me up within 15 mins.

Answer to ALL the frustration was using a usb actually formatted on a windows machine.

8 Likes

Awesome! It’s surprising how Windows 11 seems to have gotten more difficult to install compared to Windows 8/10.

For the record, Windows 11 will not install on a system with an MBR partition table. You need to use GPT. I suspect that was the issue (which could explain why re-doing it from a Windows machine fixed it)

Hey glad you had success installing windows. Could you mark this topic as solved?

I hope you enjoy your Laptop.

Done!

1 Like

For the record I had originally tried using GPT & that was unsuccessful as well. Obviously Microsoft was being temperamental & did not like playing with Apple’s software no matter how I tried to bridge the distance between them.

2 Likes

I’ve only Linux Mint System76 laptop and on Framework Laptop 16 Ryzen DIY Edition got stuck at the same page/screen as @Eclectic in reply #6 to this thread. Couldn’t find Rufus via Linux Mint software manager, so could you (@kjhoerr) link the package and/or Linux install instructions for it here?

Otherwise, I’ve a date set with my spouse’s friend’s partner to use their Windows computer to create the bootable USB.

Rufus is a Windows only application. Try WoeUSB:

1 Like