[Solved] Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 vPro®

I had a question. I ordered this for my framework 16. I installed it last night and it is appearing to have no wifi card. I have not had time to dig into this further as of yet. I am running debian 12. I think my question really is 1 what is the difference in the vpro and non vpro? Should the vpro work on the framework 16?

Definitely not, they only work with Intel processors, not AMD.

So if I wanted to use the intel wifi card instead of the amd I should have gotten the non vpro model?

Sorry, that answer is incomplete.

vPro is a system management feature built into Intel CPUs.

The WiFi card with vPro support works in tandem with that management feature.

If you do not have an Intel CPU, the wifi card you purchased will work perfectly fine. It just won’t offer access to the Intel-specific management feature built into your CPU because there isn’t one.

Thank you so much. I was trying to figure that out.

1 Like

I installed the Intel Killer 1675x AX210 Non Vpro in my Fw16 upon first Setup of the Device and it works flawless. As mentioned before you need the Non Vpro Version.

You do not need the non-vPro version. You just don’t benefit from the vPro features on the vPro version.

1 Like

Well i had this Question as u bought my FW16 and there where many reports, that the VPro Version was not working with an AMD System or stops working after sleep or other mishaps.
Thats why i didn’t buy the nonVpro. And as of my experience that i had none of the Problems i found on Forums and Reddit.
If he doesnt already have the Vpro Version of the Card its a better call that he gets the nonVpro Version. If he has it already. Well just try it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like