Status of Framework Support (July 31st, 2023)

UPDATE: We’re back to responding within 1 business day for most inquiries. If you have not received a response for an extended period of time, please reply on the existing ticket thread. If you don’t receive a response, either we aren’t receiving your responses or you aren’t receiving ours. If that is the case, please create a new ticket and we’ll merge them. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

It’s been a couple weeks since launch, and we wanted to provide you with an update chock-full of transparency as to why we’re still delayed on getting back to some of you in the Framework Support queues.

Response to the pre-order launch of Framework Laptop 16 exceeded even our wildest estimates and the entire team internally couldn’t be more excited to have its reception so warmly received on a global scale. With that historic launch came a mountain of support inquiries ranging from general specification clarification questions to complex payment issues requiring technical investigation. We also understand that many are frustrated with not being able to modify their orders on their own without the need to contact Framework Support to have our team perform these updates. Due to some inherent complexity in our order systems, enabling self-modification of orders will require a pretty significant engineering overhaul. This isn’t an excuse as we know this is work that needs to be completed, and it’s been a balancing act of both resourcing and timing that we’ve struggled with as a very small team. Being candid, given the historical data from previous product launches and analysis of support volume behavior, we forecasted we’d be on the other side of this launch and back to normal response times already, but unfortunately, that hasn’t been the case, and we’ve had to update our models as this launch threw everything we knew out the window. We’re adapting in real-time and are finding innovative ways to intelligently handle the volume through smart-queues, scouting roles, business rule and workflow updates, and more. We’ve just onboarded our new support partner, while retaining all of our talented staff in the process, and are working to source additional team members to join the Framework Support family in multiple areas, including consumer/business/logistics support and loss prevention.

We’ve had to ruthlessly prioritize which tickets we address first as submission timing alone was not a valid approach given the urgency of the different types of tickets we’re seeing. Order modifications for Framework Laptop 16 orders, while still a priority, has limited resourcing leveraged against that dedicated queue given the fact that we’re not shipping for a bit, and we have troubleshooting tickets being submitted for products that have already been purchased and shipped. That’s where the vast majority of our staff are dedicated, seven days a week, with multiple shifts Monday through Friday.

We take accountability for these lengthy delays in response, and as the person accountable/responsible for the experience, I own them personally, and sincerely apologize. The team has been working diligently, day-in, day-out, to respond as quickly as possible, while constantly pivoting to new processes and systems being implemented. While I know I don’t have the standing to ask for a favor at this juncture, for the team, when they respond to your ticket and are working with you, please know that the delay in response is not a failure on their part, it is mine, and that their sole responsibility is answering your inquiry and hopefully solving any issues you may have. We understand it has been frustrating, but please, if you could ensure the tone used in messaging and the mindset brought to the conversation is collaborative in nature, I would truly appreciate it. I’m proud of the team we’ve built and am excited to scale our group to meet the overwhelming demand we’re now seeing globally.

Thank you again for your amazing support of both Framework and our mission. I started with Framework in October of 2021 and have already launched/supported Framework Laptop 13 (11th Gen Intel Core), Framework Laptop 13 (12th Gen Intel Core), Framework Laptop Chromebook Edition (12th Gen Intel Core), Framework Laptop 13 (13th Gen Intel Core), and now the upcoming Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen 7040 Series) and Framework Laptop 16 alongside this awesome team. To think that we will have launched FIVE new products in less than two years of my employment is insane, and it wouldn’t have been possible without our amazing customers and Community. A lot of love, blood, sweat, and yes, sometimes tears, went into building these products, and we’re happy you’re with us on this journey.

Kevin Crawford
Head of Global Customer Experience
Framework

56 Likes

What is the status of the support tickets? I submitted a support request a week ago and I have not received a reply yet. All of my ports have stopped working and I need to fix this Asap.

Hi @Seym56. We responded asking for more information on August 19th at 10:17pm PDT on the same day as the ticket submission. We did not receive a response. I see another ticket submitted last night, but we have not yet gotten to the new ticket in the queue. Can you please check your spam folders to see if you did indeed receive our original response on the 19th?

Thanks.

I’m apparently not getting emails from support to my gmail for some reason. I’ve messaged you with my other email address. Try contacting me there.

I opened a ticket 3 days ago about a shipping issue on two orders and have not received any replies besides the automatic email acknowledgement. I replied to that email this morning with some additional info. There’s nothing in my spam folder. Has the ticket been picked by anyone?

@Jose_Hernandez
This thread is outdated. Here is the current thread on the status of Framework support

If you received their auto-reply email then you should be in the queue.