Sticker-bombed Framework

Just spent the evening doing this! Stickers are from DigitalOcean, Discord, Dbrand, GitHub, Netlify, Figma, iFixit, MLH, Vast, Unix Stickers and others.

I used an x-acto knife to clean up the edges and reused some of the sticker fragments.

11 Likes

Small question: Does anyone know how I can protect this from wearing? I can’t imagine this will age gracefully like leather.

I was looking at big clear matte labels that I can cut with an x-acto: https://www.amazon.com/Laser-Matte-Labels-Inches-ML-4005/dp/B002HJBH5E

I’m worried that would produce many air bubbles and ruin the aesthetic, though.

1 Like

Not sure if you can use it on this, but for artwork you can seal it with hairspray.

Basically some kind of clear sealant.

Another way would be like many layers of thin CA glue, with buffing in between (using a thick one would make it blurry over time).

2 Likes

Clear nail varnish which you can dilute with acetone.

Gives a hard wearing surface that you can touch up.

I use it on cracked screens

2 Likes

@Jieren_Zheng @amoun thank you both!

I’m going to sticker-bomb a TV remote and test out your suggestions to see which I prefer.

Also, I’m going to research how practical it is to 3D print and buff a cover.

1 Like

I meant to ask the impact of sticker bombing on laptops, but figured that might desserve its own thread, so head towards Are stickers good for laptops? if you want to discuss that.

Cute stickers otherwise :wink:

1 Like

I love the verification check mark!

2 Likes

Thank you! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Nail polish is great, but please don’t use acetone! Unsure of its effects on vinyl, but it’s what I use to remove stickers from places where they’re not needed. It’ll destroy the adhesive very quickly and you’ll probably have lifting edges that defeat the look.

In its current state, the laptop looks absolutely amazing! I wish I was brave enough to do this to mine haha.

2 Likes

Good point, thank you for this!

Thank you! :cowboy_hat_face: