Laptop Stickers

Laptop Stickers. Any thoughts, opinions, or hot-takes on laptop stickers?
I don’t have any, but my girlfriend (who is replacing her old HP with a Framework) loves them as shown in the picture. I’m still on the fence.

Feel free to share your laptop and it’s accompanying stickers down below.

3 Likes

I go back and forth, sometimes I enjoy the clean and simple look of a laptop as is and other times, I think the stickers look cool :sunglasses: and add a touch of personalization; my old HP has a few stickers on it

3 Likes

I’m all-in on stickers. Gonna pick up some more next weekend, too. Top to bottom, this is my Framework, my Librem 13v3, and my Pinebook Pro. Personally I prefer when the entire face is covered rather than just having a few here and there.

4 Likes

I like one or two to stand out and send a message, though the framework logo and blank keyboard should do a pretty good job of that. I’m thinking: Arch, iFixit, and Python or TensorFlow logos should do it.

4 Likes

I like stickers, and my favorite part of the Framework will be buying some extra lids so I can swap them out when they get full.

For my old Dell Precision I bought a spare lid and swapped out the sticker covered one to put on my office wall as a trophy when I sold the system.

What I’ve done for laptops where I can find a clear shell case is lay out the stickers inside the case with clear double sided tape or glue dots instead of permanently adhering them (especially for rare stickers), it also makes changing things up much easier.

Another option I’ve considered is getting a plain vinyl skin and putting the stickers on it so I can pull off the vinyl and frame it later.

2 Likes

Update: This is what I spent the last hour planning and ordering… apparently I’m fully converted now. I also now feel like a real college student, and a total geek for taking the time to not only plan sticker placement in GIMP, but 3D transform an image of the laptop after being unable to track down a top-down shot; all just to get a rough size estimate of the logo.

4 Likes

I have stickers that I don’t want to waste so I may just scan them and make copies to put on my Framework.

or maybe I can find them on Red Bubble.

1 Like

I used redbubble for all of mine, including my own logo I uploaded.

2 Likes

What quality of sticker do you get from Red Bubble? Is it a good vinyl?

@JoshuaB I haven’t recieved them yet, but I’ll let you know once I do.
They’re quite a big company though so it shouldn’t be hard to find other opinions online, and I have a hard time believing they’d be so successful in this particular niche if not for good quality.

I only add 1 sticker to a new laptop/phone/electronic.

It’s from a roll of “Only at See’s” stickers that was stol-- uhh borrowed from See’s candies. Hard to get anywhere else so I know it’s mine lol.

9 Likes

@JoshuaB
I’ve had two Red Bubble stickers on my bumper for 4 years now (through snow, rain, sun, etc) and one cross country road trip. They’ve not only outlasted other lesser bumper stickers, they haven’t really shown much sign of aging/ sun bleaching at all.

TL;DR
Good quality.
10/10 would recommend!

2 Likes

I went full space nerd (With a side of Fedora) from Redbubble. I gotta say the stickers are premium and look amazing!

5 Likes

@Matthew_Finnie Love the sticker arrangement. Like most people here, I am a huge nerd. TNG and FireFly were what my babysitter would throw me in front of when I was a kid. As for Red Bubble stickers, they really sell themselves.

2 Likes

I said I was gonna get more stickers for my framework in my previous post and here we are:

6 Likes

Not sure if this exactly counts as a sticker, but my Dbrand skin just arrived! I’m liking the mellow yellow :ok_hand:

9 Likes

I feel like one or two stickers can really make a laptop stand out, any more than that, and then you’d get an information overload.

3 Likes

On my old laptop (which I passed onto a family member who needed one), I put a little piece of glow tape on the two buttons (SPACE + CTRL) that turned on the keyboard light. It won’t light up a workspace, but glow tape makes finding things in the dark much easier. I like to put it on flashlights and the back of my phone too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NH0JTQX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

4 Likes

I’ve decided on putting a dbrand skin on the lid (stands out, yet subtle) and a half-dozen stickers on the bottom where you’ll only see it when docked (careful of the vents and screw holes, of course). A good in-between of stealth and expressive, I think.

4 Likes

That sounds sick, you should totally post a photo of it!

1 Like