The League of Batch 6

@Moonsand , your experience shows that Framework is moving towards an in stock situation. Mine was delivered with an 84 day count from order day. (This was expected.)

Kudos to the Frame.work team for this progress.

Five days from order to delivered is better than I got from Lenovo for my last two laptops.

2 Likes

@Patrick_Corey - I just discovered that a single-finger click at the right half of the bottom edge of the track pad = a right click. You learn something new every day.

Ordered Dec 28th arrived the 31st.
So far, just installing my OS, but its really lovely and feels better than I expected.

I feel like a Mac nerd with a PC brand that I actually like and happy to see the Framework splash screen.

1 Like

@Dave_Olson - thank you for sharing this detail. I did not realize that the bottom of the touchpad has click functionality on each side.

Received my laptop last December 30 since I used a shipping forwarder. Only 1 minor issue is I’ve gotten the same problem from this post, I’m not sure if it might be the forwarder’s fault or the laptop was faulty in the first place. It’s not really a big deal since I can still tap to click which I much prefer and I mostly use a wireless mouse. Other than that, hoping for it to be my first and only laptop for life :slight_smile:

• Intel Core i5
  • AX210 non vPro
  • 64GB
  • 2TB SN850
2 Likes

Hello Batch 6 folks!

Webb here in Washington, DC. I am so eager to receive my new framework laptop!

How long has delivery taken most everyone else in this batch so far?

I just ordered my batch 6 (1/15/2022) i5 DIY system with the fw supplied AX210 wifi card. I am making a move from a very upgraded 2013 thinkpad t440p and a 2020 rog strix laptop, both of which I’ve been using daily and lugging back and forth from my office. needless to say im looking forward to the framework’s form factor and retiring the heavy laptops to desktop use / selling them.

This website has a wealth of resources in the “Community” forums and it’s helped me to select components as well as add-ons for my purchase. Below are the “extras” I’m buying to complete my build:

ram - 64 gb crucial (CT32G4SFD832A x 2 pcs)

ssd - SK hynix Gold P31 500GB PCIe NVMe

skins - dbrand - pastel black

case - aldonashop (etsy) - natural leather

tb/usbc docking station - west of hawaii - blitzwolf bw-th14

charger - Amazon Basics 65W One-Port GaN USB-C PD Wall Charger

I plan on installing windows 11 alongside debian sid linux, or possibly transitioning to arch linux. I am looking forward to working through the process of setup, configuration, and everyday use for business productivity and regular use @ home!

@webb.moncure Should ship sometime this week

Ordered i5 DIY a day ago. 8GB x2 Ram + wifi + usb-c x2 + usb-a x2 + hdmi. For SSD will use old Lexar 480gb nvme which I have unused since Desktop upgrade. As powersupply will use 65w mac adapter from old work mac… So Framework already saved some old components from garbage bin

1 Like

Okay my i5 diy arrived. Bios version was 3.06. Interesting that everybody reported about loose hinges, but mine are opposite too tight, laptop is moving a bit while i am trying to open it with one hand.