SNACK: Sd cards, Notes, Appitizers, Cash, and Keepsakes. A Drawer Expansion Card

As I mentioned in “What new Expansion Card types do you want to see released” a tiny drawer would be a great addition to the expansion card family. So. I made it. Lo and behold!

If you would like to purchase one (or more) or the model files, I am selling them through my 3D printing website: Buy here!

Update: If you placed an order before August 26 at 2:15 pm Pacific time (21:15UTC), your order may not have gone through. I’m still learning how to use the webfrom plugin for my website and neglected to write in my own address so that I could see the entries. I apologize for the inconvenience and will understand if you decide to change your mind about ordering. If you do wish to still order, please resubmit your order. Thank you.

• Printed Drawer: $3 +shipping (US & CA only)
    –Fits right into any of the expansion card slots on your Framework laptop!
    – Available in Black, Blue, Blue-Gray, Forest Green, Purple, Red, Royal Blue, Dark Silver, White, or any other reasonably priced PLA that you can find (there will be a delay if I need to buy another color spool).
  • Model Files: .stl, .3mf (both model and prusa slicer project), and .f3z: $8

63 Likes

lmao᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼

6 Likes

why would I purchase a closed source model for a open source principle laptop smh, just kidding tho, its a fun idea!

6 Likes

I feel like this is only a half joke. I’m not charging much for the model I think the ~6-7 hours I spent is worth $10 to someone. I did consider, and might still be considering, releasing the files. I’m not sure yet, but thought that closed source would be safer for now as I am unsure.

Plus, it was an incentive to get my butt moving on making this if I might get something out of it besides the drawer itself.

There probably is a better way to design the latching mechanism. My two tabs were a pain to get to the working state they are in now. I’d be happy to discus the ideas and concepts of the design openly.

9 Likes

HOLY SHIT the meme came true

6 Likes

It was no meme. I seriously wanted a drawer!

8 Likes

BEAUTIFUL, make some changes and you have a drawer card.

1 Like

Love it… HAHAHAHAHAHA

That’s amazing. Hahahah

I think if you market the snack drawer in different colors you will appeal to a greater portion of the community.

I can visualize mints, jelly beans or other small candies.

Food for thought:

Blue is actually unappetizing to most people.

3 Likes

Blue is probably what he had for the 3D printer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He’s a mad genius! Good place to store multiple SD cards for my camera :smiley:

3 Likes

I do have many colors available (and any color that you can find in PLA that isn’t super expensive upon request too). I list that on my website. I don’t know the extent that posts here can be advertising.

1 Like

What changes do you suggest? It prints well, isn’t flimsy, and locks into any of the expansion card slots.

On second thought, $10 might be a little much. I’ve reduced the model files to $8 and the printed drawer to $3 (plus shipping which should be cheap for such small prints).

Ahem, well since the Framework Marketplace is not up yet, I would not worry about it.

4 Likes

amazing lol, emergency snack drawer

if I bought one I would put a picture of chucky or something just to scare anyone who actually opens it

2 Likes

@XenoCow
FYI your website is not letting both be selected (radio buttons instead of check boxes)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve updated the original post to be more advertise-y (plus fixed those huge images).

Whoops. Thank you for catching that! I just fixed it.

1 Like

A silly part of me finds myself thinking one could fit a lot of micro SD cards in a little drawer like that.