[TRACKING] Unsupported GPU Processing Mode - DaVinci Resolve - Manjaro Linux

Hello everybody,

I am currently trying to run DaVinci Resolve 17 on my Framework Laptop, but I get the following error:

Unsupported GPU Processing Mode
Please review the GPU drivers and GPU configuration under preferences.

Under preferences I can’t change anything because the the option for the GPU selection “greyed”

I use the “11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz × 8” CPU, the “Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics (TGL GT2)” GPU and 8 GB of RAM.

My OS is Manjaro Linux (Build ID: rolling), Gnome Version 41.5, Windowing System: Wayland

Thank’s in advance,

T.S.

1 Like

Getting the same problem under Fedora 36 workstation, both Wayland and x11

Using Linux Mint 21 and having the same problem.

1 Like

It is kinda the same on PopOS 22.04 LTS with Intel 12th Gen.

The GPU is recognised in my instance but I am unable to decode anything to playback clips or timelines.

2 Likes

Just putting it here, once the new AMD APUs come in, can anyone verify if DaVinci Resolve works please?

Make sure you install the Intel OpenCL Compute Runtime. I’m running Mint and after installing the “intel-opencl-icd” package I was able to launch Resolve. The package name for Manjaro is probably “intel-compute-runtime” based on the Arch wiki. I’ve not run Manjaro before so I can’t any help for that distro. https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GPGPU

Tracking, but this is likely it. I don’t use DaVinci Resolve (Kdenlive user myself).