USB4 Dual or Triple-4k@60Hz hub/dock (ud-6950pdz)?

1440p is smaller than 4k so you should be totally fine. You may even get higher Hz. The issue with 4k@60Hz is bandwidth requirements. Everything smaller will be virtually guaranteed to work.

PS: You probably won’t get 170Hz.

1 Like

Thanks! I’d like to get 144 Hz, but as long as I’m in the triple digits, I’d be happy. I’ll report back here when my FW gets in and I get it all set up!

144Hz might be a tall order. 120Hz might be possible.

For anyone else who is looking at this thread for USB-C docking, I was able to get dual 1440p monitors at 120 hz with this setup:

Anker 568 dock (updated to the latest firmware using Anker’s tool) with the following plugged into it:
2 x Asus VG27AQA1A monitors using display port connectors to the dock
1 gig ethernet
Logitech keyboard and mouse
logitech brio webcam
a TP Link Powered USB 3.0 hub (plugged into the Anker hub for more USB) with these devices plugged in:
1x FiFine USB microphone
1x USB to 3.5mm audio for speakers
1x long range bluetooth receiver

all of this is currently working flawlessly while charging the laptop off a single 40 Gbps, 240W USB C cable

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention. I did lose HDR on my monitors to achieve this, but that’s a sacrifice I’m personally more than willing to make to get this setup

The cable matters dual display port hub works well with Framework 16 and other new USB4 PCs. https://www.cablematters.com/pc-1577-190-usb4-mini-dock-with-dual-displayport.aspx
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C4LX3KQC

I have been using it at work with dual monitors for weeks now.

The hub can be powered fully from the FW16 with no need for separate usb power input. (you can even power a display port to dual link dvi also from the hub’s usb2 port)
Unlike older USB C hubs this one is one of the few that will also get you full USB bandwidth on these newer pcs.

Note that currently you can’t power the laptop through the hub, not with the 180W charger or a 100W charger. It will just abort and shut down the hub’s power. So you need to leave the hub power disconnected on FW16 or only connect maybe a 5V 3A supply to the hub.

1 Like