What bezel color do you want?

Alright, the Marketplace will open any day now and I wanted to ask what bezel color do you want to get?

I’m crossing my fingers that the clear bezel Nirav mentioned becomes available- it adds personality without distraction for my video editing work.

3 Likes

If royal blue, chartreuse, or canary yellow (in that order), I’ll order immediately!

10 Likes

If there is some form of purple or orange, I’m willing to spend an exorbitant amount of money for it.

5 Likes

Definitely transparent!

8 Likes
  1. Transparent (add in transparent keys :heart_eyes:)
  2. LTT orange would be an awesome partnership
3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind one that matches the rest of the case :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Any word on when the marketplace will be open? I assume it might just be easier to slap a dbrand skin on the bezel than order a new one

3 Likes

I don’t know how much easier it would be to align a very thin rectangle dbrand sticker onto the bezel, but I do also wonder where that marketplace has gone…

@nrp Can we get CAD files for the bezel so we can 3d print or machine our own bezels. I am thinking a wooden bezel would be pretty cool.

6 Likes

Seconded. Any shade of green after that.

5 Likes

@Tyler_S a wooden bezel that thin might splinter or break too easily.

Depends what sort of wood and how it’s finished. Wouldn’t as durable as plastic but I think it could be made plenty usable with the right material section and treatment. Could also take the approach of wood veneer, or having a structural inlay in wood. Could be a nifty little DIY project.

Orange doesn’t get enough love. It has my vote and my money.

3 Likes

Eh, you just stick it on and cut to fit. It might not be “easier” but it’s not difficult and I’m unsure about how many niche color combinations framework will reasonably offer

Carbon fiber gets my vote

3 Likes

Candy-apple red (like recent Mazdas) might be fun.

Yes! Transparent would be really nice looking!

1 Like

Nah, if you’re doing transparent you gotta do Atomic Purple like the old gameboys!

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one. Even if real wood isn’t feasible, but just a high quality wood grain look finish. It’s nice to have a natural surface to look at when spending a bunch of time I’m front of a computer.

Come to think of it, a wood finish keyboard surround would be even better. I think that would feel nice under the hands.

1 Like

Just for fun, a poll! Pick a max of 4.

• Transparent
  • “Wood grain” plastic
  • Candy Apple Red
  • Carbon Fiber
  • Orange
  • Chartreuse
  • Purple
  • Royal Blue
  • Canary Yellow

0 voters