What bezel color do you want?

I’d like a transparent or dark blue one.

1 Like

@Vaelatern What no “other” option? My preferred is not on your list.

Here you go (again, choose up to 4):

• See first poll - My choice is there
  • Dark Blue
  • Animal Print
  • Checkerboard
  • Some other pattern
  • Other

0 voters

Bringing up bezel color options again, with all the LTT fans who bought a Framework laptop, perhaps a limited edition LTT orange bezel would be a neat option (in the same vein as the similar LTT orange limited edition Noctua fans from a few years ago).

I’d love the LTT bezel, as well as perhaps a dark navy option

Use me as a voting bank if you want Silver Bezel.

I want my framework laptop to match it’s bezel color with the body color, just as the old macbook air. And white bezels can not replicate that effect.

Please bring Silver Bezel, and people, like here to show your support for this change.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve always thought they should have a silver bezel, I’m surprised they don’t. I’m torn between silver and black, I like both and they are the standard. Still, I like my black bezel. I considered getting a white one and spraying it silver, but I’m not sure I could be bothered removing the sliding doors in case I ruined it. I’m sure I could manage, but it would be much easier to purchase a silver one to begin with.

2 Likes

Red :heart:

Mirror-polished chrome so that you can see if someone’s snuck up behind you.

2 Likes

Purple everything

@dchang you can get mirror tape to put on the bezel, :thinking:

@Alex_S There are so many shades. Do you mean Purple Haze, so that the room looks purple too :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’d be too difficult to properly apply mirror tape across the entire bezel, especially given that it is flexible. There would be bubbles and creases unless the tape is quite rigid, but if it’s quite rigid, it will be difficult to use a razor to cut it to match the bezel.

Better to have it applied by the manufacturer and die cut.

But I was referring to a metal bezel that is then chrome-plated and polished. The metal would add to rigidity of the display lid.

1 Like

Depends why you want a mirror, wouldn’t that be a bit distracting?

Tape would be shiny, but to see people creeping up wear a hat with a camera.

Anyway so many people have complained about the glossy screen, who needs a mirror to se what’s behind me.

That’s one of the best things about Framework: the ability to easily customize/personalize the laptop to one’s own preferences!

I happen to like shiny/glossy screens; the chrome/mirror won’t bother me.

1 Like

Not sure if there’s a connector to power it, but an RGB LED bezel.

Computer needs more bling.

Maybe little holes and some light will shine through, then add coloured glass beads to the holes.
Oh! and paint the bezel gold maybe, or how about a layer of real gold.

Guess it wouldn’t be too hard to put gold leaf on the bezel, but I think it would look a bit too bling.

1 Like

I mean bling is bling if you want the real thing.