What countries will you be shipping to?

When can I place an order in China?
I am a Chinese classmate. I saw the evaluation of our machines on BiliBili website. I liked it very much. I was shocked by the open thinking structure. I inquired a lot of methods. At present, there are no friends in the United States. Some friends also illegally mail because of the epidemic. I like our product DIY very much. I want to ask when China will support ordering and placing orders. The time can wait. I hope it will be sold as soon as possible, Many people in China need this.

1 Like

Hello,

So, I understand that the Framework laptop will be available in Europe and in others countries by the end of the year. Is it possible to have a better timeline?

I would love to have at least an approximate date on which an announcement on the matter will be done.

Best regards,

We donā€™t have a more specific date just yet. In a normal year, we could probably provide a better roadmap, but with the current environment on international logistics, we donā€™t want to extrapolate too far.

6 Likes

ā€œcurrent environment on international logisticsā€ = Communist China reverting to Maoist autarky and COVID wackonomics taking its toll.

I want this company to succeed on proposition alone, a simpler and more honest one for more austere times ahead.

1 Like

I am a student that is soon going to high school. When will you guys be shipping to NZ? Also do you have any plans for a Gaming Laptop? Thanks.

Framework wonā€™t be designing a gaming laptop anytime soon most likely, currently itā€™s about ironing out issues and improving the design of a repairable laptop. If you want to game on the Framework then an eGPU should be sufficient for most tasks.

@nrp okay, I see. I understand.

I live in France and my computer is dying. More specifically, the screen is dying :slightly_frowning_face:. I think it can handle a few more months. I really really want to buy a framework laptop.

I know you guys are recommending to wait and to not buy it from the US with a mail forwarding company. But I need to know if you guys are sure that we will be able to order and receive our framework laptop by the end of the year to take a good decision.

2 Likes

I understand Framework canā€™t come to India this year, but i do hope to see you next year or the year after. Your product fits in perfectly with the mentality of Indian people when it comes to maximizing the use out of any gadget and how easy it is to get any repairs or upgrades done on your own. Lost of love from India. Wish you good luck!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen that there are plans to ship the laptop to Europe this year, and was just wondering if this will include Norway?

2 Likes

This post from the EU shipping topic is probably of interest.

While Norway isnā€™t part of the EU technically showing interest by selecting it in the locale dropdown is probably the best way to show that thereā€™s interest in the Framework there.

Can i just start by saying ,I love everybit of frameworks products ,ideas ,and policies. I am a engineering student from India and will love to own a Framework laptopā€¦they just are perfect in every sense.
I was curious about when will Frameworks products be available in India, i would totally love to buy the DIY kit and assemble my own.(Being a student i totally wont be able to afford 70k INR laptop anytime soon but if i ever do , I really wanna buy one from Framework.)

All they say is End of Year, and while I understand that they donā€™t want to create false hopes, I would love for them to get even a teensy bit more detailed, or even maybe give a new, more updated statement instead of the endless copy/paste of End of Year, enter here for interest Framework | Fix Consumer Electronics

1 Like

Hereā€™s your answer.

1 Like

Waiting (patiently) for Brazil :brazil: :slight_smile:

As a Brazilian, the laptops are very expensive here and we tend to pay for the nearest maintenance store instead of any type of official support, so I think the repairability and the premium style of the basic Framework laptops would make a lot of success here.

Speaking for myself, only the gamer segment here have laptops with variety of setups while ā€œnormalā€ laptops usually come with limited and very strange setups (like a hdd in the most expensive i7 available while the intel celeron one has a ssd) which makes very difficult to find the ideal laptop if I cannot upgrade the pieces myself.

About the regulations, I dont know them a lot but I can only guess its something as hard as Indiaā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d say Brazil is slightly easier to import to than India, looking at the mid-2022 mark or end of 2022 as India probably will be one of the last large countries to be imported to. Brazil has over 35% import tax for computers and in some cases 65% tax plus a fair amount of shipping due to all of the customs regulations.

Just wondering when this may be available for purchase in the UK? Right now it seems to only be available in America.

Is there any service I could use to buy a Framework laptop in the US and get it shipped to me in the UK?

Thanks!

Hi!
Framework itself stated that this year, 2021, EU sales will launch. Delivery between the UK and the EU is much cheaper than if youā€™d import it across the Atlantic. Iā€™d suggest you to wait.

Also, they could launch the UK and EU market simultaneously, thatā€™d be lucky for you :smiley:

1 Like

There are certainly services that you can research that allow you to get mail forwarded internationally

I live in the US so I canā€™t speak to any of them myself or to the cost of doing so but theoretically itā€™s possible

Not sure if Framework would ship to that address though-if the package is lost or stolen it becomes a question of liability you see

Framework wonā€™t want to refund you because the forwarding service lost your package I suspect

@motz the better answer has arrived

Hi I recently saw the framework computer from ifixit and linustechtips, bth my macbook is real old and I am a righttorepair supporter, unfortunatly I am in hong kong andā€¦ it does not ship here, framework please add international shipping soon! also add UK keyboard and white bezel pls

1 Like