Wifi not connecting on the DIY laptop

I just received my laptop today and I followed all of the instructions listed, however I am not able to connect to any sort of wifi. I have installed everything listed and even looked at the wifi card but it is still not working. When trouble shooting the laptop the error says “Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter”. Does anyone know how I can fix this so I can use my laptop?

Do you have an 13th gen Intel or AMD Framework? Assuming you’ve already installed Windows on it, you’ll need to run the driver packs for the wifi adapter to work.

1 Like

There is also a chance that your wifi card is not fully seated. If you are comfortable with it, open up your laptop and see if any of the gold contacts on the card are visible. You may also need to reach out to support, but know that they are dealing with large queues right now and it may take a little while for them to get back to you.

I have a AMD Ryzen

You can find the driver pack here. Download and unzip it using another computer then transfer it over to laptop using a flash drive. Run the installer and after it finishes, you’ll have wifi.