AMD Batch 3 Guild

I was just charged for a May 9th pre-order of a Ryzen 7 Mainboard + 64GiB of RAM.

Got my notification too about an hour ago. Pre-order May 8th. DIY, 7640u, 4 x USB-C, 1 x MicroSD, 1 x Ethernet. Did not order any RAM nor secondary storage.

I just got mine in the mail today. Tracking says it shipped directly from Taiwan. Unfortunately, the packaging was damaged and the board was noticeably bent. I’ve reached out to support to ask for a replacement, we’ll see how that goes. :confused:

1 Like

I too got notification about being charged about 2 hours ago.

Will this work?
Kingston Technology Kingston Fury Impact 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL38 DDR5 SODIMM | Intel XMP 3.0 |KF560S38IBK2-32

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C3HS9JVQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

The Framework laptop doesn’t support XMP or speeds above 5600, so if it works, it will probably run slower than expected. If you already own it, it’s worth a try, but if you’re buying it new, I’d get one of the more recommended modules.

1 Like

about 7 hours later i got the shipment notification

1 Like

This shipping is amazing! I got the notice on Sunday night in New Jersey that my card was charged. The package was leaving Taiwan yesterday morning and is currently on a truck for delivery to my home today. Charge to delivery window is about 48 hours. Great work Framework team!

I finally got the email for being charged last night, and when I woke up this morning, I already got a tracking number that’s on the way :grinning:

Delivered!

WTF!!!
FEDEX LEFT THE PACKAGE AT THE DOOR AND UPDATED THE STATUS TO “SAFELY DELIVERED”

Had to drive back from the office, and at least the package was still there.

3 Likes

@AlexRtz oof, that’s been my concern too that they would leave it even if I wasn’t home. I’ve redirected my shipment to be held at one of FedEx’s shipping centers nearby hoping that will prevent the same thing from happening to me. That and if the package is damaged I can talk to them right there about it.

2 Likes

Oh damn, same thing just happened to me. Delivery was 5 minutes ago… your update prompted me to check.

I had subscribed to FedEx updates by email but they didn’t send an “On FedEx vehicle for delivery” update when that happened 3 hours ago, so I’m about to rush home to avoid rain/porch pirate issues. At least it doesn’t look damaged in the photo…

1 Like

Got a text message this morning at 7:50am from my subscribed FedEx alerts that my delivery was scheduled for tomorrow 11/01, and then a FedEx guy showed up at the door a few hours later 10/31, just after 11am. That’s some strange tracking/delivery updates, but I’m not going to complain. Now there’s so much to do to put it through its paces. Memtest86 the RAM, install an OS and transfer everything over, reinstall apps, copy preferences and reconfigure- that’s the part I hate. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

Documenting: my unit came with BIOS 3.02. R5 DIY.

1 Like

My order to Vancouver, Canada, also arrived at my door (I’m in an apartment, though). Both boxes were quite banged up, just fedex things I suppose:

I’ll test the mainboard later today, hopefully it’s OK.

Edit: Update, appears to work okay. Bios version is 3.02 and I’m trying to upgrade it now.

3 Likes

My order also arrived today here in Calgary!

1 Like

Received mine with 3.02 firmware. What are the current drawbacks with upgrading to 3.03?

Mostly issues with chargers not working after the update. But FW has decided that the gains to 3.03 far outweigh any regressions, and is pushing 3.03 as a stable release.

I just assembled my R5, installed the latest nightly ISO of Fedora 39, upgraded the BIOS to 3.03, and am looking forward to all the goodness to come.

Just configured mine!

Some issues I found:

• Linux Mint login window resolution is really small, the elements are huge! It was fine before I updated the kernel though.
  • Fingerprint on an empty session (whether from boot or if logged out) does not work and re-loops back to login window. Pasword needs to be typed first. The fingerprint works on unlock (with existing session), sudo or admin right requests inside session.

Other than that! Pretty zippy! Will try out running VirtualBox VMs that have Docker container instances and see how that holds up!