AMD Batch 3 Guild

Mine arrived about an hour ago, as well!

1 Like

Welcome Friend ! :hugs:

Mine arrived this morning as well, a day early. Ordered on May 4th, delivery to France.
FedEx is funny:
Tracking at 6:15am today: “On the way” in my region of France
Email at 7:46am today: “Your package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow”
Email at 8:57am today: “Your package is out for delivery today”

I haven’t installed any OS on it yet, but so far I’m really delighted with the build quality and aesthetics, and the feel of the keyboard from my first impression. This looks like a laptop I may really like! Random bits of info / questions I have so far (not sure this merits a separate post elsewhere - if you think this should go to a different thread, please let me know):

64GB Kingston Fury Impact (KF556S40IBK2-64) immediately recognized at 5600 MT/s from what I can see in the BIOS (no memtest installed yet). Boot time for first boot under 2 min (I did let the laptop charge for a bit before though).

2TB Solidigm P44 showing up in BIOS as well - so far so good!

The preinstalled BIOS is still 3.02 apparently - I was hoping it would be 3.03, given earlier reports of someone receiving a laptop with the BIOS already updated.

A bit surprised the trackpad does not provide me with a mouse pointer in the BIOS, is that normal? It’s been over ten years I think since I’ve last seen a BIOS without mouse pointer…

3 Likes

3.03 seems still to be in Beta, some issues are reported like Steam Deck charger not charging anymore after upgrade.

Since my plan was to charge the laptop with the Steam Deck charger, i will probably wait before upgrading the bios.

I’m not at home now, but i can’t wait to unbox it this afternoon.

A bit surprised the trackpad does not provide me with a mouse pointer in the BIOS, is that normal? It’s been over ten years I think since I’ve last seen a BIOS without mouse pointer…

First time I saw that was on a 486, and I still am not used to it.

Mine should arrive today, but I’m not home so it will still be delivered tomorrow as originally planned. Funny FedEx with the “It arrives tuesday, oh no, it’s monday now”.

Edit: I’m also not surprized they use aftership. The Fedex site loads like a 90’s website on a 14k4 modem and that is with the dozen’s of trackers disabled.

Mine was also planned for tomorrow, but i’m happy that it came today

FedEx has notified me that a delivery is on its way (via email a few minutes ago).

I expect to have the unit very soon, but it is going to take time (later today) to remove/install the mainboard from/to the 13" laptop to the cool master case.

I hope to give a better status by Wednesday.

Update 11 AM Chicago time
I did receive my package, there corner of the mainboard box was slightly bent, but the box appears to be overall in good shap. I will not be able to assemble the unit until later this evening (tonight).

It’s here, it works (as expected) and the bios is 3.02. And the memory runs at 5600 so that’s good.

Edit: Bios update was slow but it went without any issue.

FedEx shipped the item from Taiwan to Alaska on the 27th, and then to Memphis, TN on the 28th, where it sat until this morning. But it still says the expected delivery date is today! Not sure how it will clear Canadian customs, get to our regional delivery hub, and get on a local delivery truck in the next seven hours, but I’ll take it if I can get it!

Maybe this is the FedEx “trick or treat”…

May 3 order, just a 7840U mainboard.
Received the payment charged email yesterday and the shipping email this morning.
ETA Wednesday from Taiwan to Austin, FedEx.

Hope everyone’s orders arrive quickly and safely!

:woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face: !!ÂĄ

1 Like

My order (and I think some Canadians here in the same shipment) is stuck in Canadian customs in Winnipeg since Friday morning. Hopefully it goes through customs soon!

2 Likes

Add me to the “AMD Batch 3: :canada: customs sub-guild”!

As of noon today my shipment is now “International shipment release: WINNIPEG, MB” but FedEx still expects it to be delivered one province away within five hours.:roll_eyes:

Maybe they’ll release all the FW shipments from customs at the same time. Hopefully soon🤞

Mine arrived at the FedEx dropoff location today! Looks like I have new goodies to pick up after work today :smiley:

1 Like

Canadian customs update from Fedex:

Monday, 10/30/23
1:16 PM
Clearance Delay
Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/ truck departed.
WINNIPEG, MB

Though they sent an email saying that it’s officially delayed, this is a confusing message, though it seems like it got cleared?

1 Like

At least it finally cleared Canadian customs! Probably another couple of days before it hits Out for Delivery.

EDIT: Replying to posts here in this forums is pretty weird. I pasted the link and it formatted the previous post in a weird way and the name of the poster displayed is the name of the actual post with the tag instead of the poster’s name.
EDIT 2: Thank you for the help, @Alex_Shpilkin! Updated post!

1 Like

Because putting a link on a separate line is not supposed to be the way to quote posts, it’s supposed to be a way to refer to posts in different threads (called a “onebox” for some reason). To quote (part of) a post (like I just did here), select the text you want to quote and press the Quote button that appears next to the selection. Or in theory you could write the markup manually: the quote above appears in the editor as

[quote="ajxcodes, post:138, topic:30565"]
Replying to posts here in this forums is pretty weird. I pasted the link and it formatted the previous post in a weird way
[/quote]
2 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:
The parcel left Memphis this morning, was released in Winnipeg at noon and is supposed to arrive before eod today in Montreal, but I won’t hold my breath.

1 Like

I own a 12 Gen now i will receive a amd ryzen 7 the day after tomorrow and give my 12 gen two my wife to kick out her MBP. :wink:
i am happy !

Batch 3 prebuilt Professional in USA ordered 5/9, charge just hit the credit card.

Same, I was just charged DIY, USA