Batch 5 - Intel 12th - Guild

Just received mine today, did anybody else’s arrive with a missing NVME screw as depicted in the user guide?

The hinge is also creaking as I open it past 45 degrees, I’ll give it a week to become less obtuse. Anybody else noticing it?

3 Likes

Good news! Payment has just went through, anxiously waiting shipping confirmation!

1 Like

Mine just arrived this morning. Busy configuring i right now. Nicely made, ad so far nothing unexpected.

3 Likes

Received mine today. Sadly it will be awhile before i can set up. I’m waited in the Samsung 990 pro to be released. I have it on preorder.

I am also waiting for a higher capacity SSD, but using a spare SSD to set it up to check for any teething issues (just in case)

1 Like

I may have access to spare SSD later this week. I almost bought one, but decided it would be a waste. So maybe I’ll get it going by the weekend. Waiting for a friend to help me out with parts that I don’t have to pay for.

Finished setting it up just then. Don’t have the issues you reported but one minor niggle. The Page up key makes a strange (shall I say, metallic?) noise, as if the switch itself has something lodged in it. Not too bad to bother me to disassemble the keyboard itself.

I vaguely remember reading last year that it’s possible to break the key while attempting to remove it. Has anyone tried removing the keycap without breaking the actual switch?

1 Like

Got up and running yesterday and all is well. Everything seems perfect. Will probably create an image when my new nvme shows up, so I don’t have to go through setting up everything again. Used the new Ethernet Expansion Card when setting up and downloading all the windows updates. It rocked! The computer will also fit into the case with the ethernet card attached. Nice bonus. Again, super happy so far.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought about doing that too, but I will never buy a fresh Samsung release. The last good one they had was the 840 Pro. Since then every fresh release has been made with buggy firmware. Make sure you have backups. Fortunately I have been in a cycle 6-12 months behind their initial release, and avoided the testing ground.

In other news, mine is running great. Only one issue my TB3 Lenovo 1st Gen Dock has a weird quirk. After an unspecified amount of time, the PD no longer registers and it starts running on battery. So no single cord solution until I pick up a CalDigit TB4 dock.

1 Like

Just ordered my DIY edition.
I splurged and went with the 1280P.

What’s the expected delivery time for central Europe?

1 Like

@Duke check out the spreadsheet I linked above. It’s a great resource. from what I’ve been reading Framework seems to be shipping much faster now.

Just a little update: ordered on November 10th.

Full payment was completed on November 18th.

Still waiting for the shipment right now.

1 Like

Something a little odd happened.

My order is still officially in "pre-order confirmed " status, but my package already arrived today.
Also never got a shipping notification or tracking number.

Is this normal?

1 Like

I think they are having some issues with distribution. I ordered parts and never received info about my order, it was just hanging doing nothing. Send a request email and got a generic answer back that it was shipping “soon”. Then gave :frowning: response when they asked if the support was helpful and got a higher level person who investigated and found out they were completely out of the part and my order was never going to ship. LOL They use a 3rd party for fulfillment so they don’t really know what they have in stock, they have to rely on another company for that :frowning:

1 Like