Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

Oof… Checking my email every day, can’t wait for it to arrive - but I didn’t order until Nov 3rd, so looking down this thread, seeing how early some of y’all ordered by comparison, I’ve got to guess I’m about the last one on the list for November-shipping…

Looking forward to it - hoping for some snap-on protective case options someday…

2 Likes

@JimboJet Here to help, I ordered Nov 4th. lmao It will be here before we know it.

4 Likes

@Blue010101 hahaha! Well, thanks. It’s comforting to know I’ve at least got some company down here at the bottom of the list!

2 Likes

I am really loving this framework laptop. I installed my samsung 980 drive, and after rerunning the grub install it works great.

Arch linux + xmonad is running so great! I am so happy with this device!

1 Like

@JimboJet I ordered November 10th, and later that same day I noticed they changed the i5 to batch 6, so don’t worry you’ve got company :joy:

1 Like

@JimboJet I’m a little further ahead, I ordered on Oct 25, but I feel your pain haha. I’m hoping with every notification that it’s the one where I get the notice my order is shipping soon! Even though I think it’s still going to be 2 or 3 weeks…

2 Likes

Got this last night.

I7 DIY
Ordered 17 Oct

1 Like

So, how do you plan to carry your laptop around? Any suggestions?

1 Like

My wife’s Framework should be shipping this week. Super excited for her. The idea that something could be the last thing of that you buy is exciting and liberating as well.

Keep up the great work @Framework!

2 Likes

I ordered an i5 Oct 15, and I just got the “We’re preparing to ship your order! Please review your info.” email on Nov 16.

Nice. I’m excited about the update. But I’m not going to review my order, I’m going to live dangerously and assume I got it right the first time.

NOV 19 UPDATE:

Your order is shipping soon!
We’ve successfully charged the remaining balance of $#,###.## to your payment method
Your order will ship within the next few business days.

2 Likes

@Kyle_Clements Oh! I ordered my i5 on the 22! It’s so exciting to hear you got your second email!

1 Like

I5 diy ordered October 17 & I got the preparing to ship email this morning too!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHSM1JI
I just ordered this. I have a laptop section in my backpack, so I figure I will slide the Framework into this sleeve and put it in my backpack. No idea on how it will fit, but it will be here tomorrow.

1 Like

I have purchased this sleeve to carry mine in. I will use it in conjunction with my bookbag when needed.

https://www.amazon.com/tomtoc-Protective-Chromebook-Shockproof-Accessory/dp/B01HCF13U6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=Z7FIFHRMGHNB&keywords=tomtoc%2B13.5&qid=1637099935&sprefix=tomtoc%2B13%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-1-spons&smid=A23FWTZ8UX6LWK&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySVVaVlBFNzE3Vk1SJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDY1NTQ4MjFOM0hCMThSNVFQTSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzA1ODU3MjIzUkhORlFDMzI0SyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

1 Like

Got mine a day early today! DIY i5.

2 Likes

i5 ordered Oct 14th at 1:23 AM ET and haven’t gotten any email other than that the batch is shipping. No charge to my card either.

:sob:

3 Likes

Right there with ya. i7, Oct 14, only the first email. Hang in there! I guess! I don’t know if you’ve seen this thread: [info gathering] Order and Delivery Dates - #9 by Linda_Boling

Looks like, at a guess, 6 weeks from order to ship, so maybe you and I will get the email next week? Hoping it’s sooner, of course.

1 Like

Same here. Ordered i5 DIY Oct 14th but I did make a change to my order after the fact so that may be why mine hasn’t shipped yet.

1 Like

@Robert_Kocourek - you might find this thread useful. Hopefully I’m sharing the link correctly, still getting the hang of the forum mechanics:

*dbrand has some skins, though personally I’m hoping for a more protective snap-on case in the near future. In the meantime, I’ got one of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088WNMW8N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

based off what others had said. I’m still waiting for my laptop to ship, so I can’t speak to the fit personally, but sounds like it fits well.

Dbrand:

1 Like

Another batch 5 member here, ordered mine on November 7 (i7 DIY Edition), and really can’t wait to get the e-mail saying it’s shipped :slight_smile: