Batch 8 Guild

Freight paperwork is usually based on the net value, that is, without VAT or Customs charges. It’s possible that someone slipped up and put the gross value (what you paid) on the paperwork, which includes estimated VAT and Customs charges. Then when the final invoice is created, the real VAT and Customs charges are added, and voila! 30% higher.

3 Likes

Looks like the Linex tracking. Use https://www.hub-ez.com to get the DHL tracking. I have the same timestamps, and it looks like mine is on its way to Leipzig, arriving at about 18:00 CET. Arriving on Monday likely because DHL Express doesn’t want to work on Saturdays.

1 Like

Finally got my Framework today!
The package arrived 10 minutes before I had to go catch my train for a week-long vacation :sweat_smile:

Can’t unpack it yet, as I’m still on the train. But better than having to wait another week :laughing:

Hope you guys all get your Frameworks soon as well!

4 Likes

No, no…it’s showing gross value plus 30% or so on the invoice. As if somebody has taken the retail value including VAT and then added VAT and charges to it…

What it should really be showing is gross value minus about 20% if it’s the pre-taxes-and-charges value.

Mine has been delivered in Germany at the forwarder I am using, hopefully I’ll have it by Saturday.

2 Likes

We’re talking about the same thing, I think. I was using “gross” to mean the same thing as the price charged to us, because that’s how I have been used to seeing it used in my work. It seems like a believable explanation because it sounds like the invoice could be retail + 20% VAT + 8% Customs, roughly speaking.

In other words, someone put the retail price in to the freight system value where they should have put the net price without taxes and charges.

Err yes I think we’ve come to the same conclusion! Looks like Framework are on it now, but it’s a shame some people’s orders have been held up because of it :frowning:

Shame

Last mile courier in the UK is DPD. Your tracking number should work on the DPD website.

HUB Scan means it’s made it to the DPD main hub, probably either Birmingham or Hinckley.

Or, if you’re really lucky, both.

1 Like

Heard back from framework support and apparently my shipment has just cleared customs, so I imagine others in the UK who have had their parcels held should start seeing movement soon. Tracking hasn’t updated yet but fingers crossed there’ll be something by the end of the day.

1 Like

I think I must have been one of the lucky ones… Mine arrived on Sunday by DPD (UK) without issue.

1 Like

Mine arrived through DHL in Germany today. Only thing that bothers me alot is the hinge force at around 120° open display, from there on it woobles alot and even folds down over time until it reaches max 180°. Does someone know if this is a support case and a bad hinge?

I can open mine nearly completly and the displays where I put it.
maybe you can add some tension to the hinge or something like that?

Mine got delivered earlier this week. Assembled it last night - no issues. Back travelling next week - very excited to be using the Framework!

2 Likes

@Mathias_Beig Yes, if it falls down on it’s own that’s definitely worth a support ticket. It seems the manufacturing tolerances are a bit too wide regarding the clamping force of the hinges. As Framework has tuned the design towards one handed opening, hinges on the looser end have left some folks like you unsatisfied.

That said, FW has recognized this as an issue and has sent out replacement hinges. An adjustment of existing hinges is very unlikely to work since they are tightened by machining, not by an adjustment screw.

For a lengthy discussion of this topic see the thread “apparently wobbly hinges”.

FW staff has also said a stiffer version of the hinge would become available in the marketplace in the near future.

1 Like

I did not know that, sorry. My last laptop had adjustment srews, but it was made in 2012 or so, so it might have changed since then.

Thx alot for the quick reply, seems bad luck with the tollerances of the hinges then. I will open a support ticket.
I saw a thread where they discussed supplying tighter hinges through the marketplace, i would rather loose one handed opening for sturdier hinges.

So here we are. Mine was delivered today, one day earlier than expected. Germany, Specs:

Everything correct and intact. Build, setup Windows 11, moved key over from another device and BOOM: I’m just happy now. Like I wrote earlier I did not have a brand new laptop for over ten years and the framework is SO COOL. I just love it. Everyone who did not receive their unit until now stay strong. It’s worth it! This thread helped me so much staying calm. Thank you everyone.

8 Likes

Ordered mine last Friday and received it today. I could have got it yesterday but FedEx thought I was not home.
I hear a bit of a cracking sound when I open the hinge. I hope it’s nothing too serious.
Ordered mine with i5-1135G7, 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 and 1TB - WD_BLACK SN750.

Same Thing here. My old Laptop is from 2012 and its amazing how big the difference is. The framework is about as thick as the screen of my old Laptop. And less than a third in weight.

2 Likes

Mine just arrived at Cologne (Coming from Milan).
At least it’s in Germany now. :slight_smile:
Sadly it delivers on Monday, so I have a lot of spare time on the weekend …