Batch 8 Guild

Mine was showing as 7 March since Tuesday evening. But! It arrived in Leipzig yesterday, and then overnight in Berlin. It’s out for delivery right now, and I can’t wait!

My last laptop was from 2015(!), and it cost me 250€, so I’ve been in the market for a new laptop for a while, and then Covid hit, and then I didn’t need a Laptop. However, I’ve been waiting for this laptop ever since it was announced in the States, and I ordered it hours after the E-Mail came through announcing German Sales. It’s weird to wait for/pre-order a laptop. Usually I only do this for Mechanical Keyboard parts!

2 Likes

My delivery to Germany switched from 7 March EOD to today EOD. So exitited to get mine finally and set it up :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, it looks like something happened. My DHL tracking starts to look reeeeally weird.
Acoording to the tracking schedule, the shipment went from Leipzig Customs back to Signapore, then to Bahrain, then Italy, back to Germany and has already been processed in Cologne. All of that in about 30 hours :smiley:
If all of that is true that would be truly amazing. Did someone invent warp drive technology lately? :slight_smile:

Update: it arrived. \o\ \o/ /o/

4 Likes

It just arrived five minutes ago, and it’s freezing cold! It’s far nicer in person than I could have imagined. Too bad I have to work all day. Can’t wait to set it up!

5 Likes

Alas, no movement yet.

Got mine yesterday, the lowest tier with BYO RAM and SSD, had the fun of unwrapping it and putting it together with 2×16 GiB of Crucial RAM and 1tb of WD SN750. Works amazing. The glossy screen is unusual, but the keyboard is just amazing (and that is coming from a Thinkpad user). The laptop arrived a day early, Germany.
Works like a charm with Fedora linux out of the box.

2 Likes

Is that normal, or does that need some work from my/Framework’s side?

My unit arrived and I am typing this post on it in Fedora 35. I am very happy with it and love the design and interior!
Hope, all others will receive their orders soon! Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Nice. Looks like the laptop I received Thursday is already dead :dizzy_face:

I installed RAM and SSD and was suprised it did not charge with my Thinkpad charger. Since it charged with the frame.work charger I did not think any of it. I updated the time in bios and put it away. Then I traveled and now it will not charge at all, with any charger. Tried trickle charging, but no dice. Off to support it is…

My issue is, I am currently in a country far away from home and I will not come back for two months…

I got smth similar with DHL, the package is missing my last name. I contacted support because they want me to fill in a form too.

Did DHL and/or Framework contact you about filling the form (or missing last name)? Or how do you know that?
For me it still says delivery on 7th. So since it’s weekend anyways I’ll just wait and see what it says on monday.

Yeah, Dhl contacted me. I didnt just fill it by myself bc I am scared to do smth wrong. Hope yours arrives on 7. without problems!

1 Like

I’d still contact support, maybe there is some troubleshooting or fix you can do yourself with their help.

Just got my laptop in through the forwarder in Germany (to Netherlands). Have to say I am very happy, no issues so far, only the hinge is a bit to loose for lap usage but this is a known design choice and I’ll probably buy the new hinges once available. The only thing I’d say could be improved is the handling in the factory, mine came with quite a dirty screen from handling it (probably happened while someone installed it), it is minor but when going to mass market I don’t think many people would trust a brand new device with fingerprints on it.

Mine didn’t charge with any charger when it arrived, so I followed the instructions to do a mainboard reset, and that kicked everything into life for mine. Took about 10 minutes, and was pretty easy as long as you don’t try and rush and stick to the instructions.

2 Likes

2022-03-05 14:25:28 UnitedKingdom, Unbagged Shipment Received

Finally in the UK! One step closer…

2 Likes

Received on Thursday during work, had a hard time keeping my fingers to myself. Tried installing arch, which I had never tried before and found it to be a manageable installation process. So far I’m incredibly happy with the purchase and the difference is night and day compared to my previous T440p running Ubuntu. Particularly Gnome41 is elevating my impression to even greater heights because it feels incredibly pleasant to use.

2 Likes

Meant to receive mine today! Please DPD, dont muck this one up!
Am I really the last to receive?

Mine is also scheduled for today
update: carrier has arrived

Nope.

DHL called me this morning since they didn’t like the invoice on the package.
I had to sent them some “payment confirmation” and now I’m hoping that the screenshots from the mail from Framework is good enough.

It seems like I don’t have to pay extra, cause that’s done by the sender already. It’s just some german paperwork i guess.

1 Like