Batch 10 Guild

Just bought a framework on March 15. Seeing as there aren’t any guilds for this yet, I’m starting one here.

I’m gonna be using the framework as a daily driver, migrating away from the unbearably unstable Ubuntu on Macbook Pro 2019 (Custom T2 kernel).

The one I ordered was:

Configuration
$1,363.00
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
Memory: 16GB
Storage: 512GB
WiFi: WiFi 6
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Customization
Keyboard: US English
Included
Expansion Cards
1 USB-A
$9.00
2 USB-C
$18.00
1 Storage – 1TB
$149.00
Accessories
Power Adapter
Included
Framework Screwdriver
Included
3 Likes

ordered mine on 10 March, hope i can get into guild 10

and same here, gonna use it to replace my mbp 2018 as my work computer

Configuration

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
  • Wi-Fi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
  • Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
  • Memory: 32GB (1 x 32GB) DDR4-3200

Expansion Cards

• 1 USB-A
  • 1 HDMI
  • 2 USB-C
2 Likes

What is the use of the word ‘Guild’, Build I can understand, but then Batch does the same ???

1 Like

guild is a group of people. so in this case its a thread for people who are in batch 10

2 Likes

Anyone know an approximate time it takes for each batch to get delivered?

@Insignificant Batch 8 was slow with some changes to the UK/EU by the sounds of it. Batch 9 people are getting theres now and ordered early to mid Feb by the sounds of it? Hopefully they keep getting more efficient and we get em early April!

Batch 9 was I think January - February pre orders I think currently they are fulfilling around a batch a month so delivery for batch 10 would begin around the 2nd week of April if that holds true. I ordered in January so I really had to wait haha its finally flying as we speak.

I ordered mine on March 11th, so I guess I’m one of you.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

I have to say that it’s a little nerve wracking to order a ~$1500 device and then just not hear anything else after the order confirmation. It’s nice to know that there’s a rhythm to these things.

I’ve ordered March 14th and just got the shipping notification. Does anyone know which carrier is used for shipping to Germany?

I got a tracking number and a link to hub-ez.com, but I can’t add that to my parcel tracking app.

@Insignificant and @TibialCuriosity, see below link and what @gary_morris said:

@Chris_Reuter you haven’t actually paid the 1500 yet, and you will definitely hear from them before that (see also above link).

@DirtyDan shouldn’t you be in the Batch 9 Guild?

1 Like

@FlyingFox.of.theYard It says Batch 10 in all my emails from framework.

@DirtyDan How have you already got the shipping details when I haven’t even gotten assigned to a batch yet…

@FlyingFox.of.theYard

Huh. It looks like they’ve charged the full amount on my credit card, which was a bit of a surprise to me. Maybe that means I got into the last of batch 9?

I don’t know, I just ordered the DIY edition without RAM and SSD and it was shipped way sooner than I expected. I’m not complaining, I’m excited :smiley:

As per support “Yes, we’re very sorry, all orders of the i5-1135 variant, both pre-built and DIY are on their way from overseas due to significant delays caused by COVID lockdowns affecting international logistics. We’re estimating that orders with this configuration will ship between March 23rd and March 25th.”

Don’t know if this is of any use.

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7

• WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®

• Memory: 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3200

1 Like

@DirtyDan, @Chris_Reuter excuse me, I just realised I was assuming batch 10 was another European one. If you’re both in North America, you’ll be having a rather different supply chain experience than us at this point. Please disregard my earlier comments and know that I am very jealous.

@FlyingFox.of.theYard thanks for the tag and update!

@greendev and youre in batch 10? Which country? Shipping during that time is earlier than I wouldve thought!

“Yes, we’re very sorry, all orders of the i5-1135 variant, both pre-built and DIY are on their way from overseas due to significant delays caused by COVID lockdowns affecting international logistics. We’re estimating that orders with this configuration will ship between March 23rd and March 25th.”

So It might explain why we can see some batch 10 shipping, and some batch 9 stuck : mine (DIY i5) was preordered 4th feb, payment is done, but no shipping yet (1 week after payment). They say it’ll be soon :pray:

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: What batch am I? (Is it even relevant anymore?)

@FlyingFox.of.theYard I am in Germany and as I said, my order confirmation and all following mails said Batch 10.

I received the laptop yesterday and I am writing this message with it. Very happy with it, but still need to get used to the keyboard.

I ordered on March 14 and was shipped from Taipei on March 23.

1 Like