Batch 8 Guild

Yes got it 10 mins ago as well. :+1:t2:

I got the message too, but I wonder who translated it. Seems to have quite a few translation errors.

For instance when I translate the German it says “we are shipping from (sic) USA and Canada from New Jersey via FedEx Ground”.

I guess this means it is leaving Taiwan. In one week it probably is in Europe in the fulfillment centers and then they ship it to us :slight_smile: good thing I ordered RAM and SSD this morning.

3 Likes

I am very pleasantly surprised! I had assumed lunar holidays might be taking up time mid next week to be honest. I assume this is most likely still taking at the very least until the 20.02, but it gives me hope it’ll arrive before March.

2 Likes

FYI, lunar national holiday ended on the 6th.

I assume that’s in the specific case of Taiwan? I did a cursory google and found lots of information that it started on the first of Feb and can last up to the 15th. There’s what my statement was based on.

I don’t understand the obsession people have with interpreting my simple questions about how Framework intend to ship items as impatience. It isn’t! I just want to know what to expect! I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask a company to be better at communicating plans.

It’s nice to see some people receiving the first emails - presumably they are the ‘starting to work on your batch’ emails. I look forward to getting mine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’re not wrong. So the celebration for Lunar New Year comes to a closure on 15th of January of the Lunar calendar with Lantern Festival. However 5th of January (again in Lunar calendar) traditionally marks the reopening of businesses. That’s the reason why only 31/01-04/02, 31st of December and 4th of January on Lunar calendar respectively, are the bank holidays in Taiwan. (not sure about other countries though)

Consider this period of time similar to the time between Christmas/Boxing Day and 1st of January. It’s technically not public holidays, but it certainly feels like it.

1 Like

A company like Beckett Simonon could be a good one to model in this way. They take 3 months to make your shoes but they send you updates every couple of weeks over email and do profiles on the process they go through and have you get to know their tradesmen. They make shoes in batches as well.

1 Like

@Simon_Nienhaus already mentioned this but maybe its worth to tag @FrameworkBee so the FW team might see this and correct for the future.

So in the German Batch Preparation Mail there is this passage on the last (5th) update that customers should expect: “Wird verschickt, wenn Ihre Bestellung versandt wird, und enthält die Tracking-Nummer. Wir versenden Bestellungen aus den USA und Kanada von New Jersey aus mit FedEx Ground.”

I don’t think the German translation regarding the shipping from New Jersey is wrong here, but obviously the information is just irrelevant to EU customers. AFAIK it should read: “We ship orders originating from the EU directly from Taiwan using [freight provider].”

That would translate to German as: “Wir versenden in der EU aufgegebene Bestellungen direkt aus Taiwan mit [Fedex/UPS/DHL…].”

2 Likes

I have not got my preparing shipment email yet.

Maybe they are going out by country and config. Those of you who have received one, what country, and DIY or prebuilt?

I’m UK and DIY edition, and I ordered on 17th December, one day after preorders opened

4 Likes

I’m from Germany and ordered i5 DIY on 16. Dez. 2021, 23:52 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also UK DIY and awaiting an email, you’re not alone!

3 Likes

Germany i5 DIY and got the message, so you may be right.

2 Likes

Got a mail “Preparing the batch for delivery” (Germany Intel i7-1165G7)

1 Like

Sounds like they are doing Germany first. Or i5 first…or both! Who knows!?

I have a mail for i7. :wink: Germany too.

1 Like

Also got an email yesterday stating batch preparation for Germany DIY i7

Yep, yesterday, got a mail for Germany, i5, ordered on the 17th of December

Is here someone else who ordered on the 16th of december from germany and hasn’t got an email yet?

Hi,

FYI, I’m in France, and I received the “Preparing your shipment” mail yesterday.

In french : “Nous nous préparons à expédier Batch 8, Veuillez vérifier vos informations”
that I can translate as ‘Preparing shipment of Batch 8, please review your email and address information’

Preordered my I5 DYI on 29th december

So after Germany, and now France, UK is the next , sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes