Batches Shipping Log

I agree with the overall sentiment that a continually refreshed shipping estimate would be ideal for everyone…

Actually that’s not what’s being asked. I, and I imagine others, are well aware of the difficulties predicting when shipments may or may not occur.

All we are asking for is an official listing of when Batches have actually started shipping. Something that should only take less than a minute to update on a web page or pinned comment. Something that I am fairly certain they are already keeping track of internally.

Your post is somewhat of a strawman. You’ve imagined something that no one’s asking for and then gone on at length as to why, givin the small size of the company, it’s entirely too involved/complicated to expect them to be able to accomplish.

Do you have a response that addresses what’s actually being asked?

3 Likes

My response was general and not specific to just you and I have no idea why you have seemingly taken it personally. I even opened it addressing overall sentiment and did not format it as a response to you. There has been discussion of delays based on specific parts in this thread and elsewhere as well as a wide range of requests of updates and the level of desired specificity.

As for responding to you directly I believe the email updates have been adequate for me personally.

I’m in the same batch, and if you remember, that was the last batch that was listed as expected in Q1. Note that the date is that broad that it was listed as a whole quarter, even for the first batch in a quarter.

And if you really think you are having to read the tea leaves to ascertain when the delivery of your batch will be, then I suspect you have the wrong cup of tea.

I really don’t get what your problem is. Is it really that difficult to read the “Batch xx Guild” threads to see who is excited about getting charging and shipping information? Framework cannot give you information that is any more accurate than those posts.

And I’ll point out yet again that the FL13 AMD had, at times, up to four batches shipping at the same time, but the beginning of each batch was stepped by around a week, as they got through the various options for each batch.

So your laptop could be the last one shipped for Batch 12, which could be four to five weeks after the first Batch 12 laptop shipped., going on past shipping history. How is anyone supposed to provide a shipping date in this situation?

And that email was replicated in this forum, under a thread with the appropriate heading - as were all the previous emails. I suspect the upset poster should be checking his spam folder instead of searching google.

4 Likes

As others have said, I would prefer they keep the person that would keeping track of this doing other things to get product out the door (such as handling customer charging, making sure they have all the required accessories for each order, etc). If you can’t spend a minute a day checking to see which is the latest “Batch xx Guild” thread to see who is excited about getting todays notification (or even just doing it weekly) why do you expect a Framework employee to do it?

So what does that make your post? To me it is not even as strong as a strawman.

1 Like

I can tell that you’re frustrated, but please refer to our community guidelines. I’d rather not close this thread, but if we continue down the path of ad hominems, I won’t really have much of a choice.

5 Likes

Fair enough, I must admit that I wondered why he couldn’t make the calculation himself, so I’ll do my own ‘back of a fag packet’ calculation.

Based on the premise that Batch 1 was due to be delivered in the first week of 2023 Q4, but delivery didn’t start until beginning February 2024, then Batch 12 will be running four months late, so delivery expectation would be end of July 2024.

If FW can get their suppliers to deliver things in a more timely manner than appears to have been happening, then this date may get pulled earlier.

I doubt that Framework would publish a more exact date than that, even if they did put out an ‘official’ list.

2 Likes

Since the topic of this thread is “Batches Shipping Log”,

Please hold back your frustration. That does not help anyone.
This thread started very helpful, with people just posting their batch number and dates of recieving notifications, payment details and finaly the notebook shipment itself.

That used to be verry informative.
So please just post shipping logs here, so that this topic does not have to be closed!
My order (Batch 10) will probably be delayed, but i can live with that better when there is a way to get updated about the shipment process.

And that is what this topic started about.
Special thanks for everyone who shared their shipment log so far

12 Likes

guys pls discuss issue in respective threads , this thread was supposed to have just batches shipping info , so please patience and let the moderator not close it . and for now no comments on threads , till someone get batch 4 notification then it will be good to post here that batch 4 started getting emails .

so by 3/1/2024 we have 3 active batches none of them is complete as batches 1 users reported.

Batch 1 - Active
Batch 2 - Active
Batch 3 - Active
batch 4 - Awaiting

13 Likes

Do it!!!plz and ty

Cuz we’re not cool and only have limited info

Batch 3
DYI Ryzen 7 7840HS No dGPU
32GB Ram kit (2 x 16GB)
No SSD
French Keyboard, no numpad, 2 silver spacers

2024-02-19T20:01:00Z - Preparing to ship
2024-02-29T19:34:00Z - Card charged
2024-03-01T10:09:00Z - Shipped
2024-03-XX - Delivered (hopefully)

9 Likes

Hey, would it be possible to move that discussion into another thread?
It’d be great to keep this thread somewhat clean to get an easy overview.

8 Likes

It’s not the end of the world, but it is odd, unusual, particular, for a company to not have an official listing of this type when product starts shipping in this type of a situation.

Crowd sourced shipping information, while better than nothing, isn’t the same.

Thanks for the history lesson, but it isn’t really applicable.

Hopefully the folks at Framework will decide to publicly share the same information that they are already keeping track of privately.

2 Likes

Batch 1
DIY Ryzen 7 7840 HS w/dGPU
16GB RAM Kit (2x 8GB)
1TB WD SN770 SSD
International English Keyboard (regular, not Linux)

January 26th 16:31 CET - Preparing batch
February 29th 20:29 CET - Paid (Somehow needed to manually pay by submiting the card details again)
March 1st 11:46 CET - Shipped
Delivery in Germany is estimated for March 6th

3 Likes

Batch 1 laptop swapped out linux keyboard with US English arrived today.

3 Likes

I wonder if the Linux keyboards cause delay. Tomorrow will be the last day of when my preparing email said it is expected to ship out for batch 2.

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately, Linux keyboards were named in an email sent to someone in Batch 1 as delaying orders:

2 Likes

Linux Keyboards are a source of delay, yes.

1 Like

Update on my Batch 3 order, I’ve been delivered today (2024-03-05T13:00:00Z) and currently setting up Arch!
I’ll report on any issues I may encounter with it but so far so good :wink:

Huge congrats to the team at Framework for all the work done!

5 Likes