2x USB A
2x USB C
HDMI
3.5mm
Ethernet

When do we think we will get ours?
I’m not too hopeful on Q1 but really hope it does come by then

2 Likes

I’m not in batch 9 myself, but I’d be willing to bet that 4 is the last batch of Q1. MAYBE 5 if I’m lucky. Assuming production ramps up, I’d hazard a guess that…11 or 12 is the last batch of Q2 as well.

Edit: I’d project batch 9 probably arrives in early or mid May.

4 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Was hoping to get my B5 FL16 before mid March, but I’m seriously doubting that’ll happen.

Yeah that’s not going to happen. If they even get through batch 3 before then I’ll be jaw out of my skull shocked. I think Framework bit off far more than they could chew, and made commitments they knew they won’t be able to keep.

Honestly that’s a bit on the pessimistic side, isn’t it?
Some in batch 2 already got preparation E-Mails (though there’s still open orders in batch 1 because of missing components), so I think they’ll be through with batch 2 within February (or latest beginning of March). I think (and hope) they’ll be able to get through the batches at 1-1.5 weeks each, otherwise the final batches will be waiting till September, lol.

The final batches slipping into July/August…wouldn’t shock me. September would be where I’d start getting concerned were I in those batches.

1 Like

Well you can only be pleasantly surprised if you are expecting the worst when it comes to shipping times so I understand that approach. I don’t think it will be that bad though. Now that they have production going, the staff trained and used to it, some of the kinks worked out, it is easier to begin volume production assuming that their suppliers can keep up with their production pace.

I am hoping for mid to late April for us Batch 9 people.

6 Likes

Sub-fucking-scribe because that would put batch 5 in March

Yup :​D
That’d surely be a pleasant surprise

Everything happens in April for me, so expect my b9 then

God, I needed to scroll for a long time to find our guild. May sounds nice, but I would really prefer for framework to update the shipping time, now that they have the production up and running. Some kind of Trello dashboard with the batches, what’s being shipped/ yet in the factory and such.

3 Likes

Batch 9 is one of the ignored middle children of the family. In other threads people in Batch 3 are reporting they are getting shipping notifications so it seems Framework is keeping up a good pace.

2 Likes

That’s partly due to the fact that they skipped a lot of Batch 1, as they don’t have all the requested keyboards in stock. That’ll change in the next two weeks, then they’ll finally be done with Batch 1 and move on. Hopefully they’ll have all the required components coming in as planned afterwards and are able to get all the other batches out the doors.

Really looking forward to my B5 order ^^

1 Like

Not me over here checking updates multiple times a day to see if they’re prepping the next batch yet :eyes:

Really, I have no reason to rush, other than my current laptop no longer maintains any charge, essentially making it a super weak desktop. Just excited. Hoping to get my FW16 before summer!

It’s worse than doom-scrolling, reloading the page continually to see if there’s any news…

1 Like

And then seeing the status has changed on the order, estimated shipping Q2. Batch 6 orders apparently show “early Q2” so I guess that makes 9 more like May. I might have to get another laptop to keep me going.

The eight shipping update is upon us! Framework is saying they expect to be done with batch 5 and most of batch 6 by the end of the month and they expect to get on a cadence of getting through a batch every 4-5 days now that they are at full production.

Hopefully we will be getting our batch 9 emails about a month from now.

3 Likes

Was really hoping I got the laptop by Mid April for a conference I was attending but I’m not hopeful at all now so I’m stuck with my rubbish Dell for a while longer.

What spec have people gone for?

I went for the DIY 7840 and 32GB of RAM and I have two NVME drives waiting to go into it. I am skipping on the 7700 for the time being to keep it a bit more portable since I will be transporting it to and from home, work, and other places. That and I have a network of 100 watt chargers set up at home and work and don’t want to go and order a whole bunch of 180 watt ones until they become a bit more ubiquitous and someone like Baseus is making 180-240 watt units with four charging ports.

1 Like

I know it’s still a few weeks until I get my hands on a FW16, but I’m starting to get excited now that batch 6 are getting emails

3 Likes