Cannot return laptop due to lack response from support

Hi,

Is everything okay with the Framework support?

I ordered a Framework 16 laptop on June 14th, but I changed my mind and decided to purchase a Framework 13, which I ordered on June 17th. I am now a satisfied user of the Framework 13.

Unfortunately, my ticket to cancel the Framework 16 order was processed after it had already been shipped, so the laptop arrived on June 21st. I submitted a ticket on July 2nd to use the 30-day return option. I didn’t receive a response. I submitted another ticket on July 23rd regarding the same issue. I also did not receive a response. The laptop is still with me, originally packed, and I don’t know what to do next.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum…I can understand that’s a bit disconcerting.

If you have a copy of the ticket of July 2nd you should legally be fine no matter how long it takes.

Have you had to pay the full cost of the 16" too.

2 Likes

Did you receive any automated responses from framework support when you submitted your tickets? There is a chance that framework has been attempting to reply to you and their emails are getting stuck in your spam folder or are not getting through to you.

4 Likes

I agree with Azure. Check your spam folder. If you received the automated message, reply to one of the existing tickets rather than starting a new one, and ask for an update. If you never received an automated message, even in your spam folder, maybe try reaching out to support via a different email address, if you have one.

In my email inbox, I have both automated responses sent after creating a ticket and a response to my ticket about canceling an order, stating that it is no longer possible because the laptop has already been shipped. I don’t suspect my email. It’s unfortunate that a one-sided form and email communication are currently the only options.

Do you have an automated response to the ticket about returning the order?

Yes:

Ok that’ ssensible, you can’t cancel so you have to return.

A second support can overide the firs and drop you the back the queue, but that’s done and dusted.

So the next email will be for a return, not a response to an earlier email.

A new email to say want to return and then hopefully you get an acknowledgement. You are now safe to wait. If you are a hurry as you want the refund only reply to their acknowledgement, do not ask again as that will created a new ticket creating a block.

Any reference to the cancellation is another issue and best forgotten. Too late for that and not relevant you wanting to return.