Can't Connect iPhone on Ubuntu 24.04

Whenever I connect my phone to my laptop it constantly connects and disconnects. Doesn’t matter what port or cable I use, and the same cable works on my work MacBook Pro without any issues. Ubuntu will also give me an error that something went wrong every time the phone “disconnects”

USB-C to USB-C?
Try a USB-A cable.

It seems iPhones can have issues with some computers. Apple of course makes sure Macs don’t have problems.

Hmm USB A to USB C does seem to work. Interesting, but yeah, USB C to USB C seems to cause some crash in usbmuxd

I really do think it’s just the AMD model FW13 and 16. @Joshua_Holme do you have an AMD framework?

Yeah I have an AMD Framework 16 (Not that I need to specify because all 16s are AMD right now, but still). Is this an AMD Linux issue?

From what I can tell, it appears to an AMD thing, regardless of windows or Linux. I don’t know why it is, I’m the wrong person to ask but the thread @MJ1 is referring to is just AMD people having this issue. I have a 12th gen intel FW13 and a 15 Pro and I have no issues. The one other person in that thread reporting no issues is also on Intel. Everyone else complaining appears to be AMD.

1 Like

Do you have a link to that thread? I’d be interested to read through it

1 Like
1 Like