Disable Automatic Contrast/Brightness Setting?

I have an Intel 13th gen Framework laptop 13 running Windows 11. I have this problem where the display seems to be adjusting contrast in bright settings. It makes the Google Chrome taskbar, which is usually black in my case, a gray color. It blows out other lighter colors. I have automatic brightness disabled in Windows settings. I looked for the "Local Adaptive Contrast Enhancement” setting in the Intel Graphics Command Center, but the setting seems to not exist anymore. I’ve also noticed that if you drag a window around, the brightness/contrast changes in other areas of the screen. If I hold my hand over the sensors at the top, all of these problems disappear. Is there a setting somewhere where I can disable all of this?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Did you ever find a fix?

Unfortunately I have not

This at some point got renamed to “Lighting Aware Contrast Enhancement”. The full path to find this setting is Intel Graphics Command Center > Display > General > Lighting Aware Contrast Enhancement. At least that has fixed it for me!

5 Likes

My god; it worked! I’ve been trying to disable this behavior for months now. Thank you!

1 Like

For someone still have trouble finding the option: try turning on the webcam. I’ve also been trying to fix this for months and never found the option. I thought it’s driver or maybe they were AB testing something. Now I realized the option becomes visible once the physical switch of webcam is enabled.

3 Likes

Still unfortunately don’t have the Lighting Aware Contrast Enhancement option. I tried enabling my webcam like Lutetium suggested also, but no luck…

Update: the setting is now there, and disabling it fixed my issue. Thanks everyone. I’m not sure what got it to appear… it might have been a restart (even though I had restarted before and it hadn’t appeared)

1 Like